ALPHA Build 85 Notes

Thoughts, Help, Feature Requests, Bug Reports, Developing code for...

Moderators: dorpond, trevor, Azhrei

Forum rules
PLEASE don't post images of your entire desktop, attach entire campaign files when only a single file is needed, or generally act in some other anti-social behavior. :)
trevor
Codeum Arcanum (RPTools Founder)

ALPHA Build 85 Notes

Post by trevor »

Template updates
Jay has checked in some updates to the template code, mostly to the line tool. Please take a look and provide feedback.

'New Maps have FOW' flag
Went ahead and hammered this one out, seemed useful :) Note that it doesn't keep the toggle setting between maptool sessions (different runs) but there is a tracker to add that feature in.

Server Info Dialog
You can run this when you are not connected to a server, or when you are hosting a server. It can be found on the File menu and provides: Server Name (name published with rptools.net), Local Address (local network), External Address (internet), and Port. This should make it easier to figure out what to tell your friends when they ask how to connect to you. Just pop up the dialog and provide the details.
Dreaming of a 1.3 release

storyguide3
Kobold

Build 85 comments

Post by storyguide3 »

I tried the line tmplate, and it is now sometimes drawing the templates oddy. Most times it works OK, but sometimes the template is cut off shorter than intendend.

Also, the player tokens can be dragged under the FoW again and not selected or removed (by players). Had to know my crowd would try that out first thing. It definitly worked in buid 83, but not build 85.
Brad Johnston
Almost, but not quite, entirely unlike tea.

trevor

Post by trevor »

bummer about the fow, I'll check it

trevor

Post by trevor »

I've adjusted the logic to be less forgiving when trying to drag under the fow. It'll be available in build 86, which I'll post in a bit, give it a try and let me know how it goes.

jay
RPTools Team

Re: Build 85 comments

Post by jay »

storyguide3 wrote:I tried the line tmplate, and it is now sometimes drawing the templates oddy. Most times it works OK, but sometimes the template is cut off shorter than intendend.
Were you using 3 clicks to place the line? The line template now requires 3 clicks to place (as per the tracker). The first click places the origin vertex, the second places the vertex used to determine the path and the third click sets the length of the line. This allows the line effect to continue past the path vertex which allows for better placement and for showing the complete line. This is especially useful in an outdoor environment.

If that isn't the problem can you give me some more details? I haven't seen this behavior myself, so I need to recreate it. I've noticied it being one or to squares longer, but never shorter. I'd need the x,y grid offset between the two vertices and the lenght that you chose.

Thanks,
Jay

Re: Build 85 comments

Post by Guest »

jay wrote: If that isn't the problem can you give me some more details? I haven't seen this behavior myself, so I need to recreate it. I've noticied it being one or to squares longer, but never shorter. I'd need the x,y grid offset between the two vertices and the lenght that you chose.
I took some screen shots to show what happens.
1st click

2nd click

Drag

and release:

Return to “MapTool”