[Cyberpunk 2020] Interest Check in a Framework

Thoughts, Help, Feature Requests, Bug Reports, Developing code for...

Moderators: dorpond, trevor, Azhrei

Forum rules
PLEASE don't post images of your entire desktop, attach entire campaign files when only a single file is needed, or generally act in some other anti-social behavior. :)
booga
Dragon

Re: [Cyberpunk 2020] Interest Check in a Framework

Post by booga »

To simulate the speed difference between reality and virtual world, the FW I used gave 1 potential action per 10 initiative points cumulated by the players in real world (Solos get their Combat Sense bonus, and a few roles get bonuses in specific circumstances), or 1 potential action per 5 initiative points in the virtual world (Netrunner get their Netrunning skill added to their initiative). At the beginning of the round, players choose how many actions they want to take, the more action they choose, the higher the penalty to each action skill roll. That really allowed the hacker to actually have a support role for the rest of the group in many situations). And like AaaronSolo said, in case the hacker wanted to do something solo, we could resolve it with a few rolls and the rest was described by me and the player to add flavor.

Edit : I also agree that Hardwired was a move toward a much more streamlined Hackign experience, and also matched Walter John Williams (writer of the eponymous novel and author of the CP2013's addon, as he was also an RPG player and creator) vision of cyberpunk . I recommend Hardwired (both the novel and addon) any Cyberpunk genre aficionado, it's one of the best in the genre imho.

Cherno
Giant

Post by Cherno »

Ok, I read through the netrunning rules and there are actually only a ver small number of actual rules in there, most the stuff that happens when a program is ran would be roleplayed anyway, there's just no way to take into account all the effects different programs can have in the net.

Anyway, I condensed it all to the very basics that could be represented in actual macro functions (as opposed to, say, just writing some stat into a token's notes field).

Here is what I worked out so far. All stuff that has an * behind it means that it isn't actually used in terms of game mechanics.
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Now I'll take a look at those optional netrunning rules.

aliasmask
RPTools Team

Post by aliasmask »

I'm going to use this to workout mock menus. The real menus will be resizable, but I want this to be the biggest workspace for whatever information I will have displayed.
Attachments
menu blank.png
menu blank.png (39.81 KiB) Viewed 2096 times

aliasmask
RPTools Team

Post by aliasmask »

Just for fun I made an animated globe.
/// Animated Globe \\\
CP Spinning Globe.gif
CP Spinning Globe.gif (854.37 KiB) Viewed 2087 times

wolph42
Winter Wolph

Post by wolph42 »

aliasmask wrote:Just for fun I made an animated globe.
/// Animated Globe \\\
CP Spinning Globe.gif
cool, where did you make that in?

ah and one last post for I see before full ascension...

Cherno
Giant

Post by Cherno »

/// Animated Globe \\\
CP Spinning Globe.gif
Cool, though it's not a realistic globe as the world map is cut off at the top and bottom, there would be the artic and antartic regions, as it is now, Europe sits just above the equator :D

I like the green version better :P

Some images for frame inspiration... Fairly low-res though.
Spoiler
Spoiler
Here's the green world net map with all LDLs.
Spoiler

aliasmask
RPTools Team

Post by aliasmask »

Funky, I just discovered something interesting. If you set a background image in the body of a frame to an animated gif that each time you click on the frame it will refresh to the current frame in animation, but doesn't actually show the animation. Reference to the gif has to be a remote reference.

Oh, and I just made my 5000th post, yeah!

Cherno
Giant

Post by Cherno »

Good. Now get a life!

Or rather, work on this project s'more! :D

aliasmask
RPTools Team

Post by aliasmask »

wolph42 wrote:
/// Animated Globe \\\
CP Spinning Globe.gif
cool, where did you make that in?

ah and one last post for I see before full ascension...
To answer your question I used gimp. There's a tutorial on youtube:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SSJMme3gU8k

So, it's pretty easy. Original image was 1000x500 but I recommend a slightly smaller resolution for speed (500x250?) because 200x100 was too small, IMO. For a better looking version, if you want a 100x100 version scale it to 200x200, optimize for gif then scale it to 100x100.

Oh, I would also note to check the reverse direction so it goes in the correct direction of our globe.

Cherno
Giant

Post by Cherno »

I read through the node 16 netrunning rules and they look like lots of fun while also being quick to use.

Here's a new world net map I made just for you so you can make a new globe with proper landmasses (well, almost) =)
Spoiler

Cherno
Giant

Post by Cherno »

Spent the day doing some 3D modelling, texturing & lighting work in 3DS Max. I plan to make a series of near-future city tiles and for this I use screenshots from the 1993 Amiga and PC adventure game "Dreamweb". It took me most of the day figuring out how to get the lights on the street right. Still not 100% satisfied but it's as close as possible. Next step is to resize everything to make sure it fits on 1 inch squares and make it all tileable, and then I will probably make some trash and random junk as well as wall graphics and indoor textures.
Spoiler
Image Image

Cherno
Giant

Post by Cherno »

New version :)
Spoiler
Image Image

AaronAlso
Kobold

Post by AaronAlso »

Just gonna put this out here...

I am working on the "Lifepath" system in Cyberpunk2020 to be added to this FW. Although, I have started a new contract job that should last the next week or so. That may be a slight delay to the progress of my first macro dev project, but I will get it done.

aliasmask
RPTools Team

Post by aliasmask »

No biggie. The lifepath is pretty straight forward... roll on a chart, go to next chart. That's be a part of the character creation process. I've been busy the last couple of days, but tomorrow I'll be working on coding character sheet design. Most of the character stuff will be a big image of token to the left, then some "macro" buttons to the right of image. Below image and buttons will be the info which changes based on which buttons you click. I want to design some high-tech looking image buttons and I'm looking for ideals. In the borders of the buttons will be light trails leading to the "frame" below. I figure the text could be a special font like green dots making up the letters as the default then go to more standard fonts. So, those running FW would install the font for added effect.

Cherno
Giant

Post by Cherno »

Sounds good :) It'll be interesting to see whwat you come up with.

Return to “MapTool”