[RESOLVED]: MAPTOOL WILL NOT LAUNCH

Thoughts, Help, Feature Requests, Bug Reports, Developing code for...

Moderators: dorpond, trevor, Azhrei

Forum rules
PLEASE don't post images of your entire desktop, attach entire campaign files when only a single file is needed, or generally act in some other anti-social behavior. :)
Elorebaen
Dragon

Re: HELP: MAPTOOL WILL NOT LAUNCH - READ ME (+ LATEST MT BUI

Post by Elorebaen »

Thank you for posting!

For some reason I cannot get the Chat, Global and Campaign windows to dock properly(across the bottom) (See screenshot). Any ideas? Thanks!

wolph42
Winter Wolph

Post by wolph42 »

It took me a long time to get the docking right in map tool. It mainly a matter off trial and error, and very hard to explain how to. I would suggest to dock one panel at the bottom first and then"side"dock the others. Keep in mind that they dock differently depending on where you drag them

Elorebaen
Dragon

Post by Elorebaen »

wolph42 wrote:It took me a long time to get the docking right in map tool. It mainly a matter off trial and error, and very hard to explain how to. I would suggest to dock one panel at the bottom first and then"side"dock the others. Keep in mind that they dock differently depending on where you drag them
I did it! hehe, definitely some trial and error. Funky, I don't remember it ever being that difficult, but all is well. Thanks W!

Clyde
Cave Troll

Post by Clyde »

MeMeMe wrote:I've had significant issues using this launcher. The issue is the same one as shown in this thread: http://forums.rptools.net/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=25133
[...]
@Wolf
Well, I thought of my launcher as a contribution anyway,
so if you like, why don't you add it to the standard build?

With best regards,
Clyde.

Enoch
Kobold

Post by Enoch »

Wolph is there supposed to be two separate maptool jar files in the link to b90 & b91? I downloaded it and I don't see any reference to b91 anywhere in the zip. Is this the correct file or am I just confused?

wolph42
Winter Wolph

Post by wolph42 »

Enoch wrote:Wolph is there supposed to be two separate maptool jar files in the link to b90 & b91? I downloaded it and I don't see any reference to b91 anywhere in the zip. Is this the correct file or am I just confused?
Is the readme gone??

Enoch
Kobold

Post by Enoch »

wolph42 wrote:Is the readme gone??
Nope. Sorry I confused myself. I had multiple versions of the same zip file and found I had extracted the wrong one. Second copy is up to date, first one was just b90.

Thanks for jarring my brain loose!

-Josh

wolph42
Winter Wolph

Post by wolph42 »

Maptool version 91 has now been officially released, including the launcher. Which renders this topic thus redundant. I've updated the OP

Kurghoth
Kobold

Re: [RESOLVED]: MAPTOOL WILL NOT LAUNCH

Post by Kurghoth »

I keep getting this errors and I don't find anything about them... anyone can help?

Edit:
I am running windows 8.1 and I have installed both Java 7 and 8 (64 bit)... I've tried many different things

I get this error
- With Java 7 64 bit installed and Java 8 64 bit not installed
- With Java 8 64 bit installed and Java 7 64 bit not installed
- With both Java 7 64 and Java 8 64 bit installed

I downloaded some kind of update that changes "Default.Theme" and have a link to launch maptool.
The link is:

C:\Windows\System32\javaw.exe -jar MapToolLauncher.B91.jar " for Java 7
"C:\Program Files\Java\jre1.8.0_25\bin\javaw.exe" -jar MapToolLauncher.B91.jar for Java 8
With both i get this error...

If i try to simply launch the MapToolLauncher.jar... i get this error...

I am planning to throw my computer out of the window... I am sure it will not resolve the issue but i will not see that error again...

Kurghoth
Kobold

Post by Kurghoth »

I can't believe it was just that... :shock:

Ok... you saved my computer from flying out of the windows... we both thank you... ^_^

Edit:
I deleted it and launched MT with no error... but now the mt.cfg is there again... and the error came back as well... is there a way to avoid this to happen?

wolph42
Winter Wolph

Post by wolph42 »

OK thats weird. Sommetimes that file gets setup wrongly and deleting it solves the issue. It should create a New one as its required, but why it fails *again* eludes me. In comes the devs...

Azhrei
Site Admin

Post by Azhrei »

Kurghoth wrote:Edit:
I deleted it and launched MT with no error... but now the mt.cfg is there again... and the error came back as well... is there a way to avoid this to happen?
Can you post the content of the .cfg file?

The launcher takes all of the settings from the GUI panel that comes up and saves them in the .cfg file (so it can restore them later).

If you're getting those strings in the dialog and not text, then there's a problem with one of the tools (either the launcher or MT) not being able to find the translation file, so it falls back to the name of the property instead of its translated value. (Maybe it's not finding Italian translations and that's causing the problem?)

Anyway, a look at the .cfg file would probably point it out.

PS: By any chance did you unpack it without preserving the directory structure in the ZIP file? There are supposed to be various subdirectories and if they're not there, that might explain why it couldn't find the translation files. (Hm, sounds like a bug to be added to the tracker. The tracker should check that certain directories exist and print a warning if they don't. Of course, that's what the dialog box could be -- a warning that something is missing!)

Return to “MapTool”