Sizing an image to grid - getting increasingly frustrated.

Thoughts, Help, Feature Requests, Bug Reports, Developing code for...

Moderators: dorpond, trevor, Azhrei

Forum rules
PLEASE don't post images of your entire desktop, attach entire campaign files when only a single file is needed, or generally act in some other anti-social behavior. :)
aliasmask
RPTools Team

Re: Sizing an image to grid - getting increasingly frustrate

Post by aliasmask »

I'm sad this didn't make it in to b91 :(

JamzTheMan
Great Wyrm

Post by JamzTheMan »

I never had plans for this in b91, we pretty much ran out of runway for new patches so never posted one. We were lucky to get b91 posted.

The code is complete and I possibly could port it to a b91 patch, but you would have to convince Craig or persons to build a b92.
-Jamz

wolph42
Winter Wolph

Post by wolph42 »

JamzTheMan wrote:I never had plans for this in b91, we pretty much ran out of runway for new patches so never posted one. We were lucky to get b91 posted.

The code is complete and I possibly could port it to a b91 patch, but you would have to convince Craig or persons to build a b92.
could you at least create a b91a version with that patch. i would like it too. ive seen it and i love it. ill contact craig to ask if he feels something for it, its a slim chance but its stupid not to ask.

JamzTheMan
Great Wyrm

Post by JamzTheMan »

I'll see what I can do. I need to create a b91 Git project anyway...
-Jamz

wolph42
Winter Wolph

Post by wolph42 »

JamzTheMan wrote:I'll see what I can do. I need to create a b91 Git project anyway...
Craig wont add it to b91 (as expected) but he is interested as hes currently working on 1.4

that and i wont mind using an b91jamz version... :D

Craig
Great Wyrm

Post by Craig »

If you want to add it (and other stuff) just let me know and we can put it in to 1.4, none of the changes I have planned for 1.4.0.b01 break campaign compatibility with 1.3.b91 any way and everyone can use that (its currently only dependent on java 7). I am even thinking of calling the first build with any large unstable changes 1.4.1.bxx so people could use a stable 1.4.0.bxx and play with an unstable 1.4.1.bxx

I just don't want to open up the whole can of worms of "just one last change" again. Then we would be maintaining source in two different places and having to do two different builds. Trust me having it in a stable 1.4.0 is better than making a new 1.3.b9x. I also want to be only fixing any java 8 related issues in only one place too.

If you need any help getting the changes ready for git let me know.

JamzTheMan
Great Wyrm

Post by JamzTheMan »

Sounds like a plan Craig.

I can also share with you my "Save as..." backward compatibility code that will be useful for 1.4x to maintain b91 compatibility.

I basically just added code to strip objects in the Xstream output. It will need a case by case look for each new object/field but for the most part it should work ok going forward.
-Jamz

Craig
Great Wyrm

Post by Craig »

JamzTheMan wrote:Sounds like a plan Craig.

I can also share with you my "Save as..." backward compatibility code that will be useful for 1.4x to maintain b91 compatibility.

I basically just added code to strip objects in the Xstream output. It will need a case by case look for each new object/field but for the most part it should work ok going forward.
If you have stuff that is useful that you want to get in just let me know, I will be accepting all sorts of contributions (I wont say any contribution because some one will send me something really crazy then say "but you said anything"... I may be speaking from experience here...)

wolph42
Winter Wolph

Post by wolph42 »

Lee: could you at least share your current build with that feature (assuming you have one). This at least allows me to setup maps and then export imort them into b91. Which is still way faster then the current 'iterative' method.

JamzTheMan
Great Wyrm

Post by JamzTheMan »

It's only available in my "Test build" so not even my personal build I use weekly. Unfortunately I had torn into several classes pretty deep to work on my audio playlist functions and it's a little buggy.

I am working with Craig though to get him all my source, and if possible, it may (probably?) get into the 1.4 builds. It would probably go a little quicker but I'm hip deep in a kitchen/bath remodel (gutting to the studs!). So Craig has generously offered to go through my code and apply patches IF possible (again, it may be messy code so we'll see).

But I would like to get back to more of a core MT build if possible as I had to fork off deeply from 1.3 lately due to freeze, so we'll see what new functions I can get into the alpha 1.4 build for "testing". :)

(Note: I also want to get my backwards compatibility "Save As" code into 1.4 as well so things like this can be more easily used without destroying campaigns between builds).
-Jamz

Return to “MapTool”