Weird redraw issue

Thoughts, Help, Feature Requests, Bug Reports, Developing code for...

Moderators: dorpond, trevor, Azhrei

Forum rules
PLEASE don't post images of your entire desktop, attach entire campaign files when only a single file is needed, or generally act in some other anti-social behavior. :)
MeMeMe
Dragon

Weird redraw issue

Post by MeMeMe »

I'm trying to use mapttool again after playing with roll20 for a while, and I'm having a weird redraw issue with both 89 and 90beta.

When I open a campaign everything looks fine, but when I move my mouse over things, the screen redraws but only partially, leading to images like the attached image.

It's making maptools totally unusable.
Attachments
maptoolsbug.jpg
maptoolsbug.jpg (70.01 KiB) Viewed 1531 times
MapTools Forks: Thread

MeMeMe
Dragon

Re: Weird redraw issue

Post by MeMeMe »

Ah, never mind. I suspect it is a memory issue, or bug in the launcher, or issue with my config.
It is fixed by using the bat launcher posted by Clyde, here: http://forums.rptools.net/viewtopic.php?f=10&t=24711
The defaults it set worked.

MeMeMe
Dragon

Post by MeMeMe »

For my own reference: Ctesia posted a possible fix in this thread.
Ctesias wrote:If THAT doesn't work do help->show debug info and make sure maptools is actually being loaded with the mem and stack settings you set. I had trouble getting that to work, I had to create a shortcut of the javaw.exe 64 bit executable and set it to run the maptools jar with the mem/stack settings issued on the command line.
It did seem like the mem/stack settings I set in the config weren't being saved, so I may try this.

MeMeMe
Dragon

Post by MeMeMe »

Aliasmask posted in anotehr thread:
aliasmask wrote:It's more likely due to graphics drivers or how java interacts with direct draw. Reinstalling both would probably fix the problem. I was thinking if using an older MT version that's not compatible with java7 would cause issues as well.
My issue has persisted across a clean re-install of both java and graphic drivers, and I have only seen it happen with b90 beta when I run once specific launcher. I haven't tried using that launcher with b89, but i was using b89 without issue, before i upgraded to b90 and started using the new launcher/.

aliasmask
RPTools Team

Post by aliasmask »

As you pointed out having low memory settings would cause a problem with "paging". Basically you run out of memory when redrawing a page, so it just displays what it didn't rewrite causing duplication of old assets.

Return to “MapTool”