Anyone willing & able to take over?

Thoughts, Help, Feature Requests, Bug Reports, Developing code for...

Moderators: dorpond, trevor, Azhrei

Forum rules
PLEASE don't post images of your entire desktop, attach entire campaign files when only a single file is needed, or generally act in some other anti-social behavior. :)
lmarkus001
Great Wyrm

Anyone willing & able to take over?

Post by lmarkus001 »

Requesting someone to step up, make a B90 MapTool build out of the current patches, and publish it on the main page. Anything not resolved should be pushed to B91. We really need a single source B90 for the non-initiated to find and use.

I do understand new efforts are underway (Mote, etc.) but MapTool is losing support daily and those forks are not generally available at the moment. It is just too darn obfuscated to find a good release version to use. We have a decent update to B89, let's get it out there publicly.

CoveredInFish
Demigod

Re: Anyone willing & able to take over?

Post by CoveredInFish »

The b90 beta build is available, but placing it on the homepage would be golden! I believe Az hast to do that - or can RPTroll do it, too?

I'm not sure if there are any patches around that are not applied to that beta...

lmarkus001
Great Wyrm

Post by lmarkus001 »

I am unaware of any "current" b90 build. I only see the one Azhrei released last year. A number of significant patches have been created to correct bugs found in that version. So a release build needs to be made and pushed public.

CoveredInFish
Demigod

Post by CoveredInFish »

Yes, it is neither officially released nor easy to find. It is a build someone (I've forgotten who) made from the latest version in the repository. You can find it if you check out wolph42's signature.

I agree that this is not the way this should be handled and that a official(ish), public, easy-to-find release on the homepage is necessary and overdue.

Jagged
Great Wyrm

Post by Jagged »

Agreed :(

MeMeMe
Dragon

Post by MeMeMe »

I can second this request. I just started getting back into maptool recently, and had a devil of a time finding a version of b90 to use.

However, I am wary of promoting it, given the json bug. Requiring manually adding a token to nearly every available framework is a serious ease-of-use handicap.

I guess if b90 was available, the framework designers would incorporate the fix in their latest versions, if they do update, so maybe it's not as big an issue, but it really needs sorting out one way or another.
MapTools Forks: Thread

wolph42
Winter Wolph

Post by wolph42 »

MeMeMe wrote:I can second this request. I just started getting back into maptool recently, and had a devil of a time finding a version of b90 to use.

However, I am wary of promoting it, given the json bug. Requiring manually adding a token to nearly every available framework is a serious ease-of-use handicap.

I guess if b90 was available, the framework designers would incorporate the fix in their latest versions, if they do update, so maybe it's not as big an issue, but it really needs sorting out one way or another.
erm my 5 not that small framework(s) do NOT use the json.sort function.... nor does the bag of tricks (which is more or less implicit of the former statement).
json. sort is used for very specific stuff like inventory. Overall b89 has more issues then b90 and the one issue with b90 can be fixed by dragging in a token. Granted, not ideal but its what we've currently got.

Ideal would be Azh fixing that one last bug and cramming it on the website. For now I just hope people notice my sig.

MeMeMe
Dragon

Post by MeMeMe »

Ahh, i see. I didn't realise it was just json.sort, I thought it affected my json functions too.
MapTools Forks: Thread

Return to “MapTool”