Any way to show token base?

Thoughts, Help, Feature Requests, Bug Reports, Developing code for...

Moderators: dorpond, trevor, Azhrei

Forum rules
PLEASE don't post images of your entire desktop, attach entire campaign files when only a single file is needed, or generally act in some other anti-social behavior. :)
Keneth
Kobold

Any way to show token base?

Post by Keneth »

Is there any way to continually display a token's base (i.e. the polygon as defined by size). I was kinda sorta hoping halo would do that, but apparently it just draws a rectangle around the image itself, which is of no real use to me if I want to use an image that's larger than the base (or shaped differently).

Also, as a side question, is there any way to define other sizes beyond the default ones (other than using a gridless map)? I don't think I'll necessarily need them, but sometimes I fancy a colossal creature that's bigger than 30x30.

I might be missing really obvious things here, but a cursory search proved fruitless.

wolph42
Winter Wolph

Re: Any way to show token base?

Post by wolph42 »

Keneth wrote:Is there any way to continually display a token's base (i.e. the polygon as defined by size). I was kinda sorta hoping halo would do that, but apparently it just draws a rectangle around the image itself, which is of no real use to me if I want to use an image that's larger than the base (or shaped differently).

Also, as a side question, is there any way to define other sizes beyond the default ones (other than using a gridless map)? I don't think I'll necessarily need them, but sometimes I fancy a colossal creature that's bigger than 30x30.

I might be missing really obvious things here, but a cursory search proved fruitless.
1. interesting question. AFAIK: no not possible. But might be useful.
2. again no which is very unfortunate as its IRC the last non agnostic part of MT. Anyhoo, you can use freesize to emulate, but not so ideal.

Keneth
Kobold

Re: Any way to show token base?

Post by Keneth »

I thought as much. It's a shame, but I guess I'll do without those functionalities for now.

I do hope to see them implemented at some point in the near future.

Then again, it's open source. I might just do it myself if I feel like it. Should be fairly simple to do.

Return to “MapTool”