Problems with build 90

Thoughts, Help, Feature Requests, Bug Reports, Developing code for...

Moderators: dorpond, trevor, Azhrei

Forum rules
PLEASE don't post images of your entire desktop, attach entire campaign files when only a single file is needed, or generally act in some other anti-social behavior. :)
whtwulf
Cave Troll

Problems with build 90

Post by whtwulf »

I am using build 90 for the first time, but even though I have set memory requirements to 1024, 1024, and stack size 16, it cannot open my campaign. It says "Out of memory while reading campaign." I have successfully launched this campaign in build 89, so I know it works. Why am I having so much trouble here?

wolph42
Winter Wolph

Re: Problems with build 90

Post by wolph42 »

First of all: when setting memory too high you will have less...! Set stack to 2 and min mem to 64. Leave max at 1024. If that fails, pls share campaign file so we can have a look. If it's too big use a share site like Dropbox or mega.

MeMeMe
Dragon

Post by MeMeMe »

If wolph's suggestion doesn't work, try this:

use the launcher in the first post here: http://forums.rptools.net/viewtopic.php?f=10&t=24711
Just drop that file into your maptools folder, and run it.

I am having what I think are config or memory-related issues with the launcher bundled with b90. This fixes it.
MapTools Forks: Thread

Ctesias
Kobold

Post by Ctesias »

If THAT doesn't work do help->show debug info and make sure maptools is actually being loaded with the mem and stack settings you set. I had trouble getting that to work, I had to create a shortcut of the javaw.exe 64 bit executable and set it to run the maptools jar with the mem/stack settings issued on the command line.

Return to “MapTool”