Having trouble with wall texture orientation

Thoughts, Help, Feature Requests, Bug Reports, Developing code for...

Moderators: dorpond, trevor, Azhrei

Forum rules
PLEASE don't post images of your entire desktop, attach entire campaign files when only a single file is needed, or generally act in some other anti-social behavior. :)
Ctesias
Kobold

Having trouble with wall texture orientation

Post by Ctesias »

Hi all,

Abstract: The wall texture in a resource pack is vertical. When I try to use it to make boxes, the horizontal wall lines textures do not orient along the X axis.
Maptools: 1.3B90 (Beta)
Resource: Greytale's Tavern Pack
Java: 1.7

I'm having trouble making a simple tavern with Greytale's tavern pack, available as a default resource to pull in to maptools. The example of a tavern I was able to find on the internet looks like this:

http://forums.rptools.net/download/file.php?id=5753

When I go into draw mode and choose "draw rectangle" and make the outline of the rectangle the vertical wall texture, I end up with some odd behavior: The horizontal lines are spaced out vertical wall texture lines, which renders as "wall square, gap, wall square, gap, wall square."

My google-fu has not provided me with any specific insight into why this is or how to fix it. Do I need to press a button in Maptool to get the texture to reorient or should there be an equivalent "lateral wall" texture to go along with the "vertical wall" texture? Should I open the texture, turn it, and re-save it? Will that work? I could use some expertise.

Thanks

Ctesias
Kobold

Re: Having trouble with wall texture orientation

Post by Ctesias »

Ok looking through more texture packs has shown me that almost everyone creates vertical OR horizontal versions of their textures/tiles, never both.

So the problem has to be me, I'm missing something. how do I make use of these textures in two directions without having to rotate and resave the textures?

Return to “MapTool”