Is Maptool still being supported and developed?

Thoughts, Help, Feature Requests, Bug Reports, Developing code for...

Moderators: dorpond, trevor, Azhrei

Forum rules
PLEASE don't post images of your entire desktop, attach entire campaign files when only a single file is needed, or generally act in some other anti-social behavior. :)
Full Bleed
Demigod

Re: Is Maptool still being supported and developed?

Post by Full Bleed »

wolph42 wrote:
Farland wrote:Geez, I'm out of the loop. Haha

I'm going to check out mote. Is it as stable as Maptool? Does it have the same functions? And where can I download it?
You can't...yet. It's closed beta.
That said... As far as I know, they will let you retroactively donate and get access to the closed beta should you wish it... be sure that you want to beta test though, as they are working through a lot of growing pains.

But to answer your questions:

1) Stability: It is not as stable as MT yet.
2) Functionality: It is built on MT 1.3. It is supposed to be backward compatible with MT's Macroscript and they are working on that. It has a lot of new features and a new UI. Check the link I provided above and you can find some links to proof-of-concept videos and screenshots. They are currently on their 9th beta build.
Maptool is the Millennium Falcon of VTT's -- "She may not look like much, but she's got it where it counts."

Farland
Cave Troll

Post by Farland »

Great, thanks.
An epic roleplaying resource:

http://www.farlandworld.com

Twitter: @Farland_World

Jagged
Great Wyrm

Post by Jagged »

We have had a few of these threads (glad to see people are interested). Perhaps a mod could merge and sticky them somewhere obvious? ;)

Return to “MapTool”