A Simple Question (I Hope)...

Thoughts, Help, Feature Requests, Bug Reports, Developing code for...

Moderators: dorpond, trevor, Azhrei

Forum rules
PLEASE don't post images of your entire desktop, attach entire campaign files when only a single file is needed, or generally act in some other anti-social behavior. :)
agalbraith
Kobold

A Simple Question (I Hope)...

Post by agalbraith »

I just started using MapTool tonight, and I'm hooked through the bag.

I need to know if there's any way to display a token's properties as a sum of an operation entered in the campaign properties dialog. For instance, I have a Cryptography skill in the campaign properties that looks like this:

Code: Select all

Cryptography:{cryptographyBase+(Level-1)*5}
cryptographyBase is a hidden variable that I will define as GM, and the operation should produce the skill value on the fly as the player levels up, but I'm wondering if there's any way to have the token's properties display just the output value of that operation (when a player or myself right-clicks a token and selects "Edit" to view that token's properties) instead of that line of code. I've been trying to find my answer for awhile and just getting frustrated, maybe I'm missing something here?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

aliasmask
RPTools Team

Re: A Simple Question (I Hope)...

Post by aliasmask »

If it's showing the code, then there is an error in it.

If cryptographyBase is a hidden property, then you need to use getProperty("cryptographyBase"). Same is true if Level is a hidden property. But if defined in the token properties, then it's okay to reference by name only. If any of your values are undefined or are blank rather than containing a number, then it will also error. You can avoid that but defining things like Level with a default value (Level:0) in token properties.

agalbraith
Kobold

Re: A Simple Question (I Hope)...

Post by agalbraith »

Thanks for the quick reply, guess I have a bit more to learn hehe...

Return to “MapTool”