Numbered Tokens

Thoughts, Help, Feature Requests, Bug Reports, Developing code for...

Moderators: dorpond, trevor, Azhrei

Forum rules
PLEASE don't post images of your entire desktop, attach entire campaign files when only a single file is needed, or generally act in some other anti-social behavior. :)
Raktus
Giant

Numbered Tokens

Post by Raktus »

Is it possible to disable the numbering of copied tokens? A macro, a setting, anything?

Irrlicht
Dragon

Re: Numbered Tokens

Post by Irrlicht »

If you want exactly to not get them numbered to begin with, it depends on how you want it: in the Preferences windows, Tokens section, there's the option "Show numbering on"; the best you can use it is set it to "GM Name", so their diplayed names won't have numbers but their GM names will, and if none of your macros use GM names, you can just stick to that.
Otherwise you could use a macro, if you're alright with bringing the tokens on the map, copy/pasting or whatever, and then select them all and use that macro.
"There are many ways my Son, to find where the souls of Demons remain...
But it takes only one second of despair and of doubt until, at last, your Soul they will gain..."

Tyshalle
Giant

Post by Tyshalle »

Correct me if I'm wrong, though, but if you have multiple tokens with exactly the same name, that can lead to MapTool complications, can't it?

aliasmask
RPTools Team

Post by aliasmask »

Tyshalle wrote:Correct me if I'm wrong, though, but if you have multiple tokens with exactly the same name, that can lead to MapTool complications, can't it?
Yes if you base your token selection on the token name rather than the id. Personally I find it an inconvenience as a player and I'm trying to declare who I'm attacking. For example, in the 3.5/pathfinder framework if all the enemies are named creature, then the targeting functions are kind of pointless.

Return to “MapTool”