Will MapTool run on Windows 8?

Thoughts, Help, Feature Requests, Bug Reports, Developing code for...

Moderators: dorpond, trevor, Azhrei

Forum rules
PLEASE don't post images of your entire desktop, attach entire campaign files when only a single file is needed, or generally act in some other anti-social behavior. :)
Irrlicht
Dragon

Re: Will MapTool run on Windows 8?

Post by Irrlicht »

Alright, it works, thanks.

I had tried to uninstall all Java, though (with Revo Uninstaller, not just Windows' default function), and then reinstall Java 7, but it didn't change anything. Would it, if I also removed and re-downloaded MapTool (maybe b90, too, rather than b89 agin)?
"There are many ways my Son, to find where the souls of Demons remain...
But it takes only one second of despair and of doubt until, at last, your Soul they will gain..."

Full Bleed
Demigod

Re: Will MapTool run on Windows 8?

Post by Full Bleed »

Irrlicht wrote:I had tried to uninstall all Java, though (with Revo Uninstaller, not just Windows' default function), and then reinstall Java 7, but it didn't change anything. Would it, if I also removed and re-downloaded MapTool (maybe b90, too, rather than b89 agin)?
You should have just been able to use Window's default uninstaller for Java. It's a good idea to install the 64 bit version of Java, regardless (the Java site tends to point people to the 32 bit version by default.)

I think B90 has a new launcher bundled with it, so it may have worked without the custom bat. I don't know how it handles multiple java installs.
Maptool is the Millennium Falcon of VTT's -- "She may not look like much, but she's got it where it counts."

Return to “MapTool”