Maptool Token Sizing

Thoughts, Help, Feature Requests, Bug Reports, Developing code for...

Moderators: dorpond, trevor, Azhrei

Forum rules
PLEASE don't post images of your entire desktop, attach entire campaign files when only a single file is needed, or generally act in some other anti-social behavior. :)
Tyshalle
Giant

Maptool Token Sizing

Post by Tyshalle »

So for token sizing, you've got two options, you can set the token to Native Sizing and manually size it to the exact number of pixels you want it, which is handy, but can be slow if you're manually sizing every token to specific sizes. The alternative is the handy little sizing setting, which if you're using a Gridless map like me, gives you 32 options ranging from -11 to +20.

The problem is, those sizes appear to be entirely arbitrary, and don't scale in any fashion resembling predictable. Is there any option to manipulate this, or to add your own quick sizing system, or is what is built into MapTool all there is?

I would have expected the sizing system to correspond with the cell length, but it doesn't really. Any thoughts?

aliasmask
RPTools Team

Re: Maptool Token Sizing

Post by aliasmask »

This is something I've noticed myself but didn't sit down to calculate. It looks like each step is 20% bigger than the step before. Unfortunately, it's not based on the base size. So, for example, it would have been nice if it went from 50px to 60,70,80,90,100. But instead it goes 50, 60, 72, 86, 103. But generally speaking 4 steps is around double.

But if you take a 50px token, go to size 2 and then enlarge in the config panel with 4 ticks of scroll mouse, it will be 100px. Taking another size 2 token and scrolling it to max and then down 2 will be at 200px. Taking a size 5 and enlarging by 2 ticks will make it 150px. That will give you 4 sizes or proportional enlargement. But in the end, it may just be easier to use native size and resize the tokens in a paint program.

wolph42
Winter Wolph

Re: Maptool Token Sizing

Post by wolph42 »

And there is currently no way to manipulatie size with macro unfortunately. Note that you *can* retrieve the size of a token with macros.

Return to “MapTool”