Stacking Frames

Thoughts, Help, Feature Requests, Bug Reports, Developing code for...

Moderators: dorpond, trevor, Azhrei

Forum rules
PLEASE don't post images of your entire desktop, attach entire campaign files when only a single file is needed, or generally act in some other anti-social behavior. :)
Xenuite
Cave Troll

Stacking Frames

Post by Xenuite »

I've noticed that sometimes when I auto-hide docked frames, the tabs they create stack up on each other. I have a situation where this would be useful, but I can't seem the force the behavior. Anyone know how?

paulstrait
Dragon

Re: Stacking Frames

Post by paulstrait »

Moving frames around can be tricky, but if you drag one on top of another, they should stack. It will just require some playing with it.

aliasmask
RPTools Team

Post by aliasmask »

To stack a frame you have to do it manually each session first, but then it saves the setting. To snap, drag frame to top bar. It'll split the stackable frame in half at first then moving up a bit more will show a border with a tab at bottom. This stacks the frame. Unfortunately, the frame location and stackability isn't saved due to a fix that caused frames to appear in the upper left when first created and on some Mac OS machines prevented the frame from being moved.

paulstrait
Dragon

Post by paulstrait »

aliasmask wrote:To stack a frame you have to do it manually each session first, but then it saves the setting. To snap, drag frame to top bar. It'll split the stackable frame in half at first then moving up a bit more will show a border with a tab at bottom. This stacks the frame. Unfortunately, the frame location and stackability isn't saved due to a fix that caused frames to appear in the upper left when first created and on some Mac OS machines prevented the frame from being moved.
I've not found this to be true, or at least not of window frames in general. I've got several windows stacked as my default layout. Certain frames that aren't standard windows, yes, but I didn't think that was what this was about. I could be just wrong about the right terminology.

aliasmask
RPTools Team

Post by aliasmask »

paulstrait wrote:
aliasmask wrote:To stack a frame you have to do it manually each session first, but then it saves the setting. To snap, drag frame to top bar. It'll split the stackable frame in half at first then moving up a bit more will show a border with a tab at bottom. This stacks the frame. Unfortunately, the frame location and stackability isn't saved due to a fix that caused frames to appear in the upper left when first created and on some Mac OS machines prevented the frame from being moved.
I've not found this to be true, or at least not of window frames in general. I've got several windows stacked as my default layout. Certain frames that aren't standard windows, yes, but I didn't think that was what this was about. I could be just wrong about the right terminology.
Sorry, I meant to say this is only for custom frames (using [frame:]). The built in frames positions are saved. I was assuming the OP meant custom frames which is where the problem comes in.

Xenuite
Cave Troll

Post by Xenuite »

I don't think either is exactly what I'm talking about. You're talking about tiling visible frames I think. What I meant was the tabs created by auto-hiding frames can sometimes rest atop each other, creating a file cabinet-like effect.

aliasmask
RPTools Team

Post by aliasmask »

You can stack them before you hide. If you want to stack a new window you have to unhide first.

Return to “MapTool”