java-util-zip-zipexception: error-in-opening-zip-file

Thoughts, Help, Feature Requests, Bug Reports, Developing code for...

Moderators: dorpond, trevor, Azhrei

Forum rules
PLEASE don't post images of your entire desktop, attach entire campaign files when only a single file is needed, or generally act in some other anti-social behavior. :)
noelyuk
Kobold

java-util-zip-zipexception: error-in-opening-zip-file

Post by noelyuk »

So this is the 2nd time i've attempted to use Maptools to run the WFRP resources listed on this site: http://www.gitzmansgallery.com/wfrp-maptools.html

Several months ago I gave up in frustration and now I am seeking help to avoid doing the same thing a second time. Once Map tools is installed the problem is that the campaign template and several other adventure templates will not load and instead give me the following error:
java-util-zip-zipexception-error-in-opening-zip-file

I'm running the software on Mac osx.

Any ideas? It's literally driving me crazy :(

Also i've tried several different kinds of software to unzip the files and while 'unarchiver' say the file is complete yet others like 'izip' say the file needs a password.

I'm not sure that either of those things are true since there's nothing on the website about any password. Does anyone have any ideas?

Cheers

Noely

aliasmask
RPTools Team

Re: java-util-zip-zipexception: error-in-opening-zip-file

Post by aliasmask »

I downloaded, extracted and started the campaign with no issues on a windows machine. Perhaps someone with a mac can try the same. Perhaps the location you're trying to unzip to? I'm not familiar enough with mac to really troubleshoot this with you.

Return to “MapTool”