Just clicking on a token gives me an error in this framework

Thoughts, Help, Feature Requests, Bug Reports, Developing code for...

Moderators: dorpond, trevor, Azhrei

Forum rules
PLEASE don't post images of your entire desktop, attach entire campaign files when only a single file is needed, or generally act in some other anti-social behavior. :)
Tyshalle
Giant

Just clicking on a token gives me an error in this framework

Post by Tyshalle »

So a weird thing is happening. I'm using the Star Wars Edge of the Empire framework (http://forums.rptools.net/viewtopic.php?f=33&t=23988), which stores all of the character sheet information in the token's Properties, and launches the information in a custom Character Sheet window.

The issue I'm having is that when I open the campaign file, or sometimes even just by changing rooms, when I click on a token, which launches the character sheet in a custom window, I will get the following error text in the Chat Room, and the Character Sheet Window will not populate the character sheet data, instead remaining blank.

Code: Select all

Error in body of roll.       Statement options (if any): H, if( SWT_OwnedCurrent == 1 && isDialogVisible("EntryWindow") == 0 && SWT_CharacterType == 1 || SWT_OwnedSelected == 1 && isDialogVisible("EntryWindow") == 0 && SWT_CharacterType == 1 || isGM() == 1 && isDialogVisible("EntryWindow") == 0 && SWT_CharacterType == 1 || SWT_ForceLoad == 1), CODE       Statement Body : { [H, MACRO("SheetLoadCheck@this"): macro.args] };{ [H: ""] }
    Error in body of roll.       Statement options (if any): H, if( SWT_OwnedCurrent == 1 && isDialogVisible("EntryWindow") == 0 && SWT_CharacterType == 1 || SWT_OwnedSelected == 1 && isDialogVisible("EntryWindow") == 0 && SWT_CharacterType == 1 || isGM() == 1 && isDialogVisible("EntryWindow") == 0 && SWT_CharacterType == 1 || SWT_ForceLoad == 1), CODE       Statement Body : { [H, MACRO("SheetLoadCheck@this"): macro.args] };{ [H: ""] }
I'm pretty sure that's the same thing posted four times, but that's exactly how it pops up in the chat room, just for a single click to highlight the token.

Solving the problem seems to be as simple as cutting and re-pasting the token back into the map. However, since something as simple as changing rooms can affect the tokens--and I don't even mean removing the tokens from the current room and pasting them in another room (though that causes it too), I just mean like, I change rooms to glance at something and come back to the original room, not having done anything--and this issue seems to affect as many as HALF the tokens on the map (but strangely not all), it can be a gigantic pain in the butt to cut and paste all the tokens repeatedly.

Does anyone know what might be causing this issue, and how I might go about fixing it?

aliasmask
RPTools Team

Re: Just clicking on a token gives me an error in this frame

Post by aliasmask »

Try removing java 8 and installing java 7 and see if that fixes it. There is a bug with <style> when using java 8 which I suspect is your problem.

Tyshalle
Giant

Post by Tyshalle »

I actually don't have Java 8 installed. I'm using 1.7.0_55-b13.

Also I'm using MapTools b90-beta, which I know is behind a couple iterations but I don't want to have to force my players to update unless we have to.

aliasmask
RPTools Team

Post by aliasmask »

Hmm, make sure insert smilies is unchecked although I don't think that's the problem unless the problem tokens have 8) in their name. It does cause duplication of output like that.

Tyshalle
Giant

Post by Tyshalle »

Insert Smilies is already unchecked, and this issue happens both of duplicate tokens and of tokens with no duplicates. And the confusing part about this is that the solution to the problem is to cut and paste the token. I'm not sure what goes on behind the scenes that would change a token giving an error to an exact copy of the token that doesn't give an error.

aliasmask
RPTools Team

Post by aliasmask »

Well, the main thing that changes is the token id when you do that. So, maybe some code relating to that. I know wolph42 had issues with the token id when it looked like a number (only 0-9 characters). I'm also trying to track down my own weird stuff relating to tokens where sometimes it works and other times I get an error. It's fairly hard for me to duplicate so I'm having a hard time tracking it down.

wolph42
Winter Wolph

Post by wolph42 »

i would suggest you download the bag of tricks, install it (just drop the two libs in your campaign) and then run the macro 'diagnose' from the bag.

Return to “MapTool”