b.89 Launcher failure

Thoughts, Help, Feature Requests, Bug Reports, Developing code for...

Moderators: dorpond, trevor, Azhrei

Forum rules
PLEASE don't post images of your entire desktop, attach entire campaign files when only a single file is needed, or generally act in some other anti-social behavior. :)
Shadowfireomega
Giant

b.89 Launcher failure

Post by Shadowfireomega »

I am trying to help a friend get her maptool started, but something is going wrong with the Maptool Launcher.Jar, she has:
Java 6
Maptool pointed at java 6
build 89.
windows 7 32-bit

usually the error dissapears when the cmd prompt flashes, but we ran the launcher from cmd itself and this is what we got:
http://puu.sh/fcMqD/14095594da.png

anyone know what is happening?
"I love being wrong, for if I was always right, there would be nothing left to learn, and that would be a world I would not want to live in."
-Benjamin Fisher
"Knowledge is knowing a tomato is a fruit; wisdom is not putting it in a fruit salad."
-Miles Kington
"Space is his favorite thing in the world!"
-Kayla Kros
"Anything times 1 is 1"
-Kayla Kros

aliasmask
RPTools Team

Re: b.89 Launcher failure

Post by aliasmask »

I do have some files and a video to help people install the upgraded version of the MapTool launcher. It also shows how to fix the batch file which is what I think your problem is. If you watch the first 2 1/2 minutes of video that would probably get you up and going. The video goes on with more details about the new launcher and making shortcuts, but that just extra stuff.

http://forums.rptools.net/viewtopic.php?f=22&t=25522

Shadowfireomega
Giant

Post by Shadowfireomega »

will this keep at b89, or will this update to b91? unfortunately we cannot upgrade to 91 until our DM does, which he does not plan to for a while for some reason.
"I love being wrong, for if I was always right, there would be nothing left to learn, and that would be a world I would not want to live in."
-Benjamin Fisher
"Knowledge is knowing a tomato is a fruit; wisdom is not putting it in a fruit salad."
-Miles Kington
"Space is his favorite thing in the world!"
-Kayla Kros
"Anything times 1 is 1"
-Kayla Kros

Full Bleed
Demigod

Post by Full Bleed »

Shadowfireomega wrote:I am trying to help a friend get her maptool started, but something is going wrong with the Maptool Launcher.Jar, she has:
Java 6
Maptool pointed at java 6
anyone know what is happening?
Uninstall Java 6. Install Java 7 with b89 and later. Preferably 64 bit java if she is running a 64 bit OS.

Make her a Launch.bat file using the following:

Code: Select all

set STACK=4M
set MAXMEM=1024M
set JAVA=javaw
set VERS=1.3.b89

start "MapTool" %JAVA% -Xmx%MAXMEM% -Xss%STACK% -jar maptool-%VERS%.jar run
Post her Help>Gather Debug Information results here if that doesn't solve the problem.
Maptool is the Millennium Falcon of VTT's -- "She may not look like much, but she's got it where it counts."

aliasmask
RPTools Team

Post by aliasmask »

Shadowfireomega wrote:will this keep at b89, or will this update to b91? unfortunately we cannot upgrade to 91 until our DM does, which he does not plan to for a while for some reason.
The short answer with the least amount of changes needs it probably, edit the 1k bat file and put "set " before the vers line and run that batch file (all in my video in the link I provided).

Full Bleeds solution is the same thing but fancier ;) You may have to do some digging for java 7 32bit (you said she didn't have 64bit) download, but it's probably a good idea, but should work with java 6 as well.

The link I provided is for B89. I just hijacked the B91 launcher and made it compatible for B89. (Again, all in the short video I made.)

Return to “MapTool”