Is it possible to give a token darkvision and normal vision?

Thoughts, Help, Feature Requests, Bug Reports, Developing code for...

Moderators: dorpond, trevor, Azhrei

Forum rules
PLEASE don't post images of your entire desktop, attach entire campaign files when only a single file is needed, or generally act in some other anti-social behavior. :)
Shadowfireomega
Giant

Is it possible to give a token darkvision and normal vision?

Post by Shadowfireomega »

I have come across this problem before and I just ignored it for a while, but now I really need to fix it or make a work-around for this new map. My players will be going into a situation where they will be on the outskirts of light with darkvision. Normal (3.5 rules that is) darkvision reveals 60-ish feet around them, but allows they to see light further away, but I cannot get maptool to work like that, is there a way or a workaround for this?
"I love being wrong, for if I was always right, there would be nothing left to learn, and that would be a world I would not want to live in."
-Benjamin Fisher
"Knowledge is knowing a tomato is a fruit; wisdom is not putting it in a fruit salad."
-Miles Kington
"Space is his favorite thing in the world!"
-Kayla Kros
"Anything times 1 is 1"
-Kayla Kros

aliasmask
RPTools Team

Re: Is it possible to give a token darkvision and normal vis

Post by aliasmask »

I haven't tested this, but this is what it normally looks like:

Code: Select all

Darkvision: circle distance=62.5 r60
The r60 is the internal light source and distance is the overall sight limit. You can either increase the distance or remove it completely. That would look like this:

Code: Select all

Darkvision: circle r60

Shadowfireomega
Giant

Re: Is it possible to give a token darkvision and normal vis

Post by Shadowfireomega »

Thank you, took a while to get back here to check the post, but after I figured out what the two variables did exactly, I was able to come up with this:
Darkvision: circle distance=1000 r60
It allows darkvision within the 60ft radius and normal sight out to 1000 feet, so for example if a dwarf PC was sneaking up on a drow camp underground they would be able to see around them and the distant campfires, but nothing between. :D Thanks for the help aliasmask!
"I love being wrong, for if I was always right, there would be nothing left to learn, and that would be a world I would not want to live in."
-Benjamin Fisher
"Knowledge is knowing a tomato is a fruit; wisdom is not putting it in a fruit salad."
-Miles Kington
"Space is his favorite thing in the world!"
-Kayla Kros
"Anything times 1 is 1"
-Kayla Kros

Return to “MapTool”