Source for wilderness maps

Thoughts, Help, Feature Requests, Bug Reports, Developing code for...

Moderators: dorpond, trevor, Azhrei

Forum rules
PLEASE don't post images of your entire desktop, attach entire campaign files when only a single file is needed, or generally act in some other anti-social behavior. :)
TheIneffableCheese
Cave Troll

Source for wilderness maps

Post by TheIneffableCheese »

My current campaign is a hexploration sandbox that relies heavily on random encounters. I'd love to have a large stock of tactical map images to pull out at a moments notice to cover those sorts of things. Can anyone point me to a good source for a large number of pregenerated maps? I've found a few through gallery sites and the like, but never very many.

I'd be willing to pay some money for good art packs - specifically I need a variety of locations in forest, hills, swamp, mountains, and (though it's not as important) plains.

Any suggestions are very welcome.

Thanks.

slayride34
Dragon

Re: Source for wilderness maps

Post by slayride34 »

DramaScape also has a lot of free maps available on DriveThruRPG.

http://www.drivethrurpg.com/browse.php? ... from=&pto=

For your needs, I'd suggest Wagons Roll first and foremost of our paid modules, as its forest and plains path are quite useful for wilderness travel. Tons of wagons and carts as well. Also has a city path and mirrors of all the wagons and carts for city use. We use this module constantly in Deadlands/Shaintar.

Our Fantasy Roads are not as wide as the city roads path, but could also be useful.

Our Forest Camp is a great location you'll use and reuse as a night time encounter in the wilderness. Again constantly used in Shaintar/Deadlands.

Our Mountain Pass/The Stairs may fill your needs for a mountain location for encounters.

Our The Door is set in hilly marshland and may be useful (The Door itself is a great spot for the monster's lair like a swamp troll).

Ravine and The Bridge can be useful as hills/mountains with a bridge across a river.

Tropical Cataract is a awesome jungle map with a waterfall/cascade bluff.

slayride34
Dragon

Re: Source for wilderness maps

Post by slayride34 »

Another module of great use could be our Virtual Tabletop Tokens Fantasy Vol 1, which has 150 VTT fantasy tokens with the green hex borders taken off from our Top Down Armies packs as well as some added extra figures.

Return to “MapTool”