Token Property Crash

Thoughts, Help, Feature Requests, Bug Reports, Developing code for...

Moderators: dorpond, trevor, Azhrei

Forum rules
PLEASE don't post images of your entire desktop, attach entire campaign files when only a single file is needed, or generally act in some other anti-social behavior. :)
Raebit
Kobold

Token Property Crash

Post by Raebit »

Hello guys!

I'm just learning map tools and trying to set up a property function. I've been following the derived properties tutorial on the wiki; just experimenting with my own properties to see the results. I have made a simple function.

*Armor Modifier : {Temporary Armor + Standard Armor}

This was just an experiment to see if the function works.

I have a token with properties set for the "Temporary" and "Standard Armor" values. When I mouse over the token, two empty windows pop up: first a small one instructing me to "Input Value for Knight Trainer 1", the name of the token, and then a larger window that opens behind it that says "Warning".

Both windows are totally void and reveal no error messages that would be useful in this situation. Map Tools completely freezes at this point and I am forced to use task manager to close it.

I had tried other functions in the brackets. Even one as simple as using one property to derive: "Armor Modifier : {Temporary Armor}. This yields the same result.

On another note, I would actually like the function to do this: 100 / (Temporary Armor + Standard Armor) * 0.12) = Armor Modifier. What is the correct way to write out this function?

Thanks for your time and help. :)
Last edited by Raebit on Wed Mar 25, 2015 7:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.

aliasmask
RPTools Team

Re: Token Property Crash

Post by aliasmask »

Take a look at this about variable names.

http://forums.rptools.net/viewtopic.php ... 86#p233681

Raebit
Kobold

Re: Token Property Crash

Post by Raebit »

Now I have a framework for exploring the code. Thanks.

Return to “MapTool”