Dynamic VBL

Thoughts, Help, Feature Requests, Bug Reports, Developing code for...

Moderators: dorpond, trevor, Azhrei

Forum rules
PLEASE don't post images of your entire desktop, attach entire campaign files when only a single file is needed, or generally act in some other anti-social behavior. :)
xavram
Dragon

Dynamic VBL

Post by xavram »

I'm starting to dabble with the drawVBL/eraseVBL functions and I tripped over something that's not making sense.

[h:polygon4 = "{'shape':'polygon', 'thickness':2,'points':[{'x':600,'y':2200},{'x':700,'y':2200},{'x':750,'y':2250},{'x':750,'y':2300} ]}"]
[h : drawVBL(polygon4)]

For whatever reason, the 4th point in the array isn't drawing...but if I add in the "close" and "Fill" parameters, then I see the shape as I expect it. So this...

[h:polygon4 = "{'shape':'polygon', 'thickness':2,'close' : 1, 'fill' : 1, 'points':[{'x':600,'y':2200},{'x':700,'y':2200},{'x':750,'y':2250},{'x':750,'y':2350} ]}"]

...displays a polygon with 4 points but without the Close/Fill, then I only see 3 points in the shape.

Any ideas?

JamzTheMan
Great Wyrm

Re: Dynamic VBL

Post by JamzTheMan »

I think I have a bug there and came across a fix the other day in my code. Was surprised it wasn't fixed earlier.

I was checking if last point wasn't the same as the last but basically checked x OR y vs x AND y. I think if you change you x to 751 it may work, let me know.
-Jamz

xavram
Dragon

Post by xavram »

Hah, it worked with the 1 pixel shift, good deal. It can be off by a pixel and shouldn't cause an issue.

Thanks!

JamzTheMan
Great Wyrm

Post by JamzTheMan »

Ok, thanks! It will be fixed in the next release (1.4).
-Jamz

Return to “MapTool”