Any more convenient way to cancel a token's movement?

Thoughts, Help, Feature Requests, Bug Reports, Developing code for...

Moderators: dorpond, trevor, Azhrei

Forum rules
PLEASE don't post images of your entire desktop, attach entire campaign files when only a single file is needed, or generally act in some other anti-social behavior. :)
goldensword52
Cave Troll

Any more convenient way to cancel a token's movement?

Post by goldensword52 »

Hi everyone, I feel like I'm missing something obvious, and I hope you can fill me in. When I click and drag a token, it would be nice if I could just hit escape or something to cancel the movement, and drop the token back down where it started, similar to how it works for drawings. The only way I know to cancel a tokens movement is to drag it back to its original starting position. And even that doesn't work once a waypoint has been set along the movement path (because the "canceled" movement will still reveal fog). So is there just a hotkey that I'm not aware of for this feature? And if not, would it be possible to MacGyver some kind of macro to achieve the same result? Thanks in advance.

Jagged
Great Wyrm

Re: Any more convenient way to cancel a token's movement?

Post by Jagged »

Right Click Token, click "Revert Last Move"

Don't think that undoes fog reveal though.

aliasmask
RPTools Team

Post by aliasmask »

I thought there was some way but button mashing didn't work. ESC is the obvious cancel move key, but it doesn't work that way. Whatever you do don't hit DEL key like I did.

Jagged
Great Wyrm

Post by Jagged »

Jagged wrote:Right Click Token, click "Revert Last Move"

Don't think that undoes fog reveal though.
[EDIT] When you think about it, undoing the Fog reveal would be a bad idea because it would enable cheating. Better everyone knows the fog has been accidentally revealed.

goldensword52
Cave Troll

Post by goldensword52 »

I've been reading about tokens.denyMove macros, but so far I can only find stuff about onTokenMove functionality. Is there some way to apply the tokens.denyMove macro at the push of a button? Because if so, that seems like it would solve the issue quite well.

aliasmask
RPTools Team

Post by aliasmask »

You could use that and then ask the user to confirm move and when confirmed move the token using the saved path and moveToken.

goldensword52
Cave Troll

Post by goldensword52 »

That sounds interested, but I feel like that would be more trouble than it's worth.

wolph42
Winter Wolph

Post by wolph42 »

You could use onTokenMove macro to store the last path and corresponding token on a lib:token. Then you can create a macro that reverts the move using that data.
You can't restore the fow though, but as mentioned above, that's perhaps for the best.

Actually you can restore fow, but only if you do this for every move. There s an option for this in the bag of tricks. The bot would probably also make it easier to create the above macro using an event macro

goldensword52
Cave Troll

Post by goldensword52 »

After a bit of work, I've come up with a simple set of macros that does exactly what I want. For the prototype, I made a token property called "mov". I then made this onTokenMove macro:

[if(mov == 0): tokens.denyMove = 1]
[mov=1]

Then I made this macro and bound it to a hotkey:

[mov=0]

Hitting the hotkey lets the onTokenMove macro know to cancel the current movement (even if the token is currently being dragged by the mouse), then resets and lets the token move again. It could use a bit of polish, but it works perfectly and is nice and simple. Thank you guys for your help.

Return to “MapTool”