not "Visible to player" resource

Thoughts, Help, Feature Requests, Bug Reports, Developing code for...

Moderators: dorpond, trevor, Azhrei

Forum rules
PLEASE don't post images of your entire desktop, attach entire campaign files when only a single file is needed, or generally act in some other anti-social behavior. :)
celestian
Dragon

not "Visible to player" resource

Post by celestian »

So, question is this.

If I place a image on a map on "background" and mark it "not visible to players" do they still get the imagine file sent to them when I move the players to that map?

Some of my images are quite large (I hate pixilations when you zoom in really close) and I also have double images (player images w/o secrets/etc and then DM images that is not visible to players). I will drop the player image and push to "back" then place the DM image on top of that. Since the players can't "see" the DM images it works out by letting me see DM stuff and them just the generic image. Then I draw the vision blocking on top of that....

Lately I've been smashing my images with jpg to reduce size but im just curious how maptools actually works (not visible to players).

aliasmask
RPTools Team

Re: not "Visible to player" resource

Post by aliasmask »

Afaik, all assets to the map preload. If you have a lot of large images on several different maps then you may want to consider making a repository. You can then put it on a direct downloadable website like dropbox and put the link in the campaign properties. For one, it frees up your server resources and the download is typically much faster from a 3rd party.

Return to “MapTool”