Screenshot is not rendering completely

Thoughts, Help, Feature Requests, Bug Reports, Developing code for...

Moderators: dorpond, trevor, Azhrei

Forum rules
PLEASE don't post images of your entire desktop, attach entire campaign files when only a single file is needed, or generally act in some other anti-social behavior. :)
RevenTL
Kobold

Screenshot is not rendering completely

Post by RevenTL »

So, I really love MapTool it's exactly what I wanted, but I need to export images and I need to do it in higher resolution than my screen, problem is - the maps won't show up propely. As an example, here is the "Current View" screenshot, and here is there "Entire Map" screenshot (here is a resolution and stat compare), I think it's the memory problem or image creation method. I also have a pretty big library attached to the campaign (~230Ms worth of images), I assume it's just a link and it doesn't actually load the entire library, but maybe that's the reason?

I'm using version 1.3.b91, and have a pretty good PC. I don't care about if it will be longer, will work slower or how much memory it will use, because I would love to get a high-res version of my maps instead of the "paint screenshot" resolution that I can do myself anyway. And if I won't find a way I will have to look for a different tool, which I don't want to do.

Any suggestions? Settings I can tweak or plugins to install to make this work?

Much appreciated!

aliasmask
RPTools Team

Re: Screenshot is not rendering completely

Post by aliasmask »

Yeah, it's buggy at best. I know if I play around with the settings enough I end up getting the screen cap to work. Try logging in as a player and stuff like that or putting everything on the background layer (save before you do).

RevenTL
Kobold

Post by RevenTL »

I tried moving everything to background, and not only did it messup the map, but it didn't work (good thing I saved). I tried player login (Start Server > Player Login) and I either get an error (something like a null pointer) or doesn't create an image at all. Anything else?

aliasmask
RPTools Team

Post by aliasmask »

You can email me the map (.rpmap export) and I can give it a shot. If successful, I'll let you know what I did.

RevenTL
Kobold

Post by RevenTL »

okay yeah, I would never have guessed, but view > zoom > 1:1 and export the entire map works for some reason.
Thanks! I will be using this tool a lot now!

aliasmask
RPTools Team

Post by aliasmask »

I'm glad I can help. I'm not sure why the zoom 1:1 makes a difference, but it does.

Return to “MapTool”