Cant open saved campaings

Thoughts, Help, Feature Requests, Bug Reports, Developing code for...

Moderators: dorpond, trevor, Azhrei

Forum rules
PLEASE don't post images of your entire desktop, attach entire campaign files when only a single file is needed, or generally act in some other anti-social behavior. :)
Xantum1000
Kobold

Cant open saved campaings

Post by Xantum1000 »

Hey im new dont know what im doing, anyway, when i create and save a campaign i can not open it up again. when i try i get the error message stating the there is an issue with the constructor and maptool cant open the campaign file any help on trying to fix this would be appreciated.

Apathetic Wombat
Kobold

Re: Cant open saved campaings

Post by Apathetic Wombat »

I am also new and having this same error message--"no args constructor" and "ObjectAccessException" (or something like that). I've been rummaging through the internet trying to find a decent guide on how to use Java for noobs, but I can't figure out even where to access the files everyone is saying need fixed :(

aliasmask
RPTools Team

Post by aliasmask »

What version of java and MapTools are you using. I recommend using java 7 and b91. If this is the new one 1.4, I haven't had a chance to test it, but the error message is related to bad java. 1.4 is supposed to be compatible with java 8, but if you have an older java like 6, then I can see this error popping up.

Apathetic Wombat
Kobold

I'm using Java 8 and b84 (the default one from the launch page on the site). I've also tried version 1.4 and various other 1.3 builds to no avail.

aliasmask
RPTools Team

Post by aliasmask »

Oooh, don't do the launch method. I recommend downloading and unzipping. Just for convenience sake to know where the files are. I still recommend using java 7 and b91 to get it to load. You can also upload the file to a webserver (dropbox) and share the link here and we can look at it.

RPTroll
TheBard

Post by RPTroll »

Agree, I don't think that version of MapTool was Java 8 compliant. Try b91 first. If that still doesn't work either load Java 7 or give 1.4 a try.
ImageImage ImageImageImageImage
Support RPTools by shopping

Apathetic Wombat
Kobold

I reinstalled Java 7 and MapTool 1.3.b91, and that seems to fix everything. Thanks for the advice!

Full Bleed
Demigod

Post by Full Bleed »

Apathetic Wombat wrote:I reinstalled Java 7 and MapTool 1.3.b91, and that seems to fix everything. Thanks for the advice!
You can use Java 8 with 1.3.b91. In fact, security wise, I'd suggest that you do.
Maptool is the Millennium Falcon of VTT's -- "She may not look like much, but she's got it where it counts."

Return to “MapTool”