Corrupted Chat Log

Thoughts, Help, Feature Requests, Bug Reports, Developing code for...

Moderators: dorpond, trevor, Azhrei

Forum rules
PLEASE don't post images of your entire desktop, attach entire campaign files when only a single file is needed, or generally act in some other anti-social behavior. :)
Aez
Kobold

Corrupted Chat Log

Post by Aez »

Hello y'all, I've recently had an issue with the MapTools save chat log function. Usually, MapTools saves my logs just fine - however, on one instance, we noticed that one particular chat log had been corrupted a week after we saved it.

Given the frequency that we use this feature, I think that the incidence of this bug is no big deal. However, I would like some help in converting the original bugged file. Based on some of my own snooping, it's a windows-1252 encoded text/html file and seems to only display in binary when opened in a text editor. e.g.

Windows 1252

Code: Select all

PK         ³]E                content.xmlì]YsÛ¼–|¿¿Âõ=
Binary

Code: Select all

504b 0304 1400 0800 0800 04b3 5d45 0000
0000 0000 0000 0000 0000 0b00 0000 636f
6e74 656e 742e 786d 6cec 5d59 73db bc96
7cbf bfc2 f53d
What is Maptools' typical unicode conversion strategy for dumping the chat buffer before it converts it to HTML? I've downloaded the source code, but I'm curious if the educated folks here have any good pointers or tips for me before I start off on a wild goose chase.

[edit]
The file is too big to upload, so I stuck with the first 30~ hexes.

aliasmask
RPTools Team

Re: Corrupted Chat Log

Post by aliasmask »

content.xml is the name of the file that goes in to the zip file of an rptok or .cmpgn file. Doesn't seem like something that would be in the chat log. I would say the file is corrupted and the first part is just junk.

Return to “MapTool”