Need a simple card shuffler

Thoughts, Help, Feature Requests, Bug Reports, Developing code for...

Moderators: dorpond, trevor, Azhrei

Forum rules
PLEASE don't post images of your entire desktop, attach entire campaign files when only a single file is needed, or generally act in some other anti-social behavior. :)
Tyshalle
Giant

Need a simple card shuffler

Post by Tyshalle »

I've run a search and have downloaded as many frameworks with included card game mechanics as I can find on these forums, but I'm yet to find what I need. But what I need seems rather simple, so I feel like maybe I'm just not that good at searching, and as such I'm now wondering if someone can point me in the right direction.

Basically I'm running a Customizable Card Game within my campaign, that the PC's can play with each other and against some NPC's. There's over a hundred different potential cards in this game, but since it's a CCG, each player might customize a deck with as few as 25 cards or so, or as many as 40 I think. And because there might be any number of random NPC's in this game I don't want to have to create a table for each player's unique deck, as that will be mighty time consuming. Instead, what I'd like to do is simply drop the cards onto the map as Tokens, and have a macro that can "flip" the card to put it face down or face up, and then have another macro that will shuffle the order of the tokens.

That's honestly all I need, though. A button to flip the card face up or face down, and another button to shuffle the order of the tokens. I don't need anything fancy like a button that deals a hand or anything like that.

Anyone know where I might be able to find such a thing?

lmarkus001
Great Wyrm

Re: Need a simple card shuffler

Post by lmarkus001 »

Tyshalle wrote:I've run a search and have downloaded as many frameworks with included card game mechanics as I can find on these forums, but I'm yet to find what I need. But what I need seems rather simple, so I feel like maybe I'm just not that good at searching, and as such I'm now wondering if someone can point me in the right direction....

Anyone know where I might be able to find such a thing?
My Molecular implementation manages this if you want to see if it meets your need...
http://forums.rptools.net/viewtopic.php?f=8&t=26257

Return to “MapTool”