Recenter start of map?

Thoughts, Help, Feature Requests, Bug Reports, Developing code for...

Moderators: dorpond, trevor, Azhrei

Forum rules
PLEASE don't post images of your entire desktop, attach entire campaign files when only a single file is needed, or generally act in some other anti-social behavior. :)
cubeblue
Cave Troll

Recenter start of map?

Post by cubeblue »

I've got a map that's going to see a lot of reuse and unfortunately I guess I drew it far off from the view that loads by default. It's like, many many squares Northeast of the default "map center". Is there somewhere I can manually offset where the map loads the view by default? Maybe if I unzip the campain or map file itself and find/replace something? Longshot, I know.
& So Forth a blog about dungeons & dragons & so forth. With a particular eye for virtual table-top play, 5e, and OSR themes.

Full Bleed
Demigod

Re: Recenter start of map?

Post by Full Bleed »

cubeblue wrote:I've got a map that's going to see a lot of reuse and unfortunately I guess I drew it far off from the view that loads by default. It's like, many many squares Northeast of the default "map center". Is there somewhere I can manually offset where the map loads the view by default? Maybe if I unzip the campain or map file itself and find/replace something? Longshot, I know.
Don't know of an easy way to do that. But you could make a macro to center the map where you want using Wiki: goto(). Ctrl-F to force center your players on your new location.

However, this (and other things I've wanted to do in the past) is a good use case for having an onSelectMap event.
Maptool is the Millennium Falcon of VTT's -- "She may not look like much, but she's got it where it counts."

wolph42
Winter Wolph

Post by wolph42 »

in the BoT i've created some functions for that. you need to use a macro to switch maps, but it centres on a 'centre on me' token when loaded (for all clients).

aliasmask
RPTools Team

Post by aliasmask »

Was your map drawn using the drawing tools or are they a culmination of several objects and backgrounds from images?

cubeblue
Cave Troll

Post by cubeblue »

Drawing tools plus a lot of placed objects.
& So Forth a blog about dungeons & dragons & so forth. With a particular eye for virtual table-top play, 5e, and OSR themes.

aliasmask
RPTools Team

Post by aliasmask »

The objects are easy, the drawings, not so much. I think you can go in to the XML file and put in new coordinates for the drawings but each point would need to be offset by the same amount both in the x and y direction. Something like that is better handled with some programming code.

Jagged
Great Wyrm

Post by Jagged »

Full Bleed wrote:But you could make a macro to center the map where you want using Wiki: goto().
You could also use Wiki: setViewArea() if you are running in 1.4

Full Bleed
Demigod

Post by Full Bleed »

Jagged wrote:You could also use Wiki: setViewArea() if you are running in 1.4
Cool. Would still be much cooler if there was an onSelectMap event where people could use Wiki: getCurrentMapName() to trigger map specific actions when players (or GM's) switched to them.
Maptool is the Millennium Falcon of VTT's -- "She may not look like much, but she's got it where it counts."

aliasmask
RPTools Team

Post by aliasmask »

What you could also do it add a token to the initiative, put it on the object layer and give ownership to everyone. Then players can double click it and go to that position. You can do this for several points around town.

Return to “MapTool”