How you doing Mouse-over Info Tokens for Read Aloud txt?

Thoughts, Help, Feature Requests, Bug Reports, Developing code for...

Moderators: dorpond, trevor, Azhrei

Forum rules
PLEASE don't post images of your entire desktop, attach entire campaign files when only a single file is needed, or generally act in some other anti-social behavior. :)
emirikol
Dragon

How you doing Mouse-over Info Tokens for Read Aloud txt?

Post by emirikol »

How are you all doing Mouse-over Info Tokens for Read Aloud txt?

For example:

You have a dungeon room with an info token in the corner. If a player mouses over it, the information about the room is revealed so the DM doesn't have to spend time doing this.

Thanks for advice!

jh
Yes, I'm a chiropractor. Gamer fitness at Hafner Chiropractic in Lakewood, CO: http://www.HafnerChiropractic.com

Jagged
Great Wyrm

Re: How you doing Mouse-over Info Tokens for Read Aloud txt?

Post by Jagged »

There simplest way is just to stick on information marker on the Object Layer, but the players have to click it to read. So its not quite a "Mouse Over" effect, but if the players do mouse over the object, the cursor will change from an arrow to a finger, to indicate that the object can be clicked.

Any information in the "Notes" section will appear for players in the bottom left hand corner of the screen. Any information in the "GM Notes" section only appears for GMs, naturally enough ;)

If you are a GM and you want to test this, you have to be on the Token layer for this to work.

emirikol
Dragon

Re: How you doing Mouse-over Info Tokens for Read Aloud txt?

Post by emirikol »

Thanks. I'm just coming back to maptool after a short stint in Roll20's "completely lacking in basic features" vtt.

I always liked the info token.

jh
Yes, I'm a chiropractor. Gamer fitness at Hafner Chiropractic in Lakewood, CO: http://www.HafnerChiropractic.com

Return to “MapTool”