Spiral shaped cavern guidance request

Thoughts, Help, Feature Requests, Bug Reports, Developing code for...

Moderators: dorpond, trevor, Azhrei

Forum rules
PLEASE don't post images of your entire desktop, attach entire campaign files when only a single file is needed, or generally act in some other anti-social behavior. :)
Green Eyed Liar
Kobold

Spiral shaped cavern guidance request

Post by Green Eyed Liar »

How would you make a cavern shaped like a spiral depression into the ground? Sort of like a pit mine. I am honestly at a loss at this point.

aliasmask
RPTools Team

Re: Spiral shaped cavern guidance request

Post by aliasmask »

What do you mean by make? In maptool. I would just levels/layers. Have it start off as a big circle-ish area and have it get smaller as you go down in levels. I would do the levels as 3/4 circles where each end leads to the level above or below. I would have lots of off chutes from the main path to give it character.

wolph42
Winter Wolph

Re: Spiral shaped cavern guidance request

Post by wolph42 »

additionally/alternatively you can use teleports or teleport borders to connect sections. If its a non converting spiral (as im guessing its is given your question) I would create a one loop spiral (outside of MT) where the 'end' ends up on the inside (it *should* be a circle, but thats simply impracticle). Then load that image into MT and copy paste it as many times you need loops, you can even let them converge by simply making each loop a bit smaller (in MT) or not. Then you can use teleport border to connect the sections. Note that these work best if the end of the loop does not end directly at the start but runs on for another quarter. You can then place the borders at 1/2 way that quarter. That way you have the most natural crossover.
Next you can 'redecorate' each loop to your liking, add side chambers, debris etc.

The teleport border can be found in the 'bag of tricks' link in sig.

Return to “MapTool”