[help] Running Maptool 1.4.0.0

Thoughts, Help, Feature Requests, Bug Reports, Developing code for...

Moderators: dorpond, trevor, Azhrei

Forum rules
PLEASE don't post images of your entire desktop, attach entire campaign files when only a single file is needed, or generally act in some other anti-social behavior. :)
Raghart
Kobold

[help] Running Maptool 1.4.0.0

Post by Raghart »

Hello guys!
First, let me know if this is not the right subforum for this question.
Second, as this is the first time i actually say anything at the forum, let be known that i'm a huge fan, maptools is awesome, i love you all. (platonically). I've been running campaigns with my friends thanks to you all for the last three years at least.

And now for the main problem:
Yesterday i was aware that 1.4 version is available, and downloaded it. (Want to try that isometric maps) but it seems that it doesn't run. Maybe you can help me to make it work ?

So for the neccesary data regarding my system:

Result of java -version:

Code: Select all

openjdk version "1.8.0_45-internal"
OpenJDK Runtime Environment (build 1.8.0_45-internal-b14)
OpenJDK 64-Bit Server VM (build 25.45-b02, mixed mode)
When i try to run maptool-1.4.0.0.jar or launcher-1.4.0.0.jar this is what i get:

Code: Select all

raghart@somewhere:~/Games/maptool-1.4.0.0$ ./maptool-1.4.0.0.jar 
invalid file (bad magic number): Exec format error
Maptool 1.3.b91 is running fine. ¿Any thoughts?

paulstrait
Dragon

Re: [help] Running Maptool 1.4.0.0

Post by paulstrait »

Uninstall openJDK and install the sun JRE. Even when you can get it to run under openJDK, it is wonky in comparison, especially with complicated macros. Not sure why.

Raghart
Kobold

Re: [help] Running Maptool 1.4.0.0

Post by Raghart »

paulstrait wrote:Uninstall openJDK and install the sun JRE. Even when you can get it to run under openJDK, it is wonky in comparison, especially with complicated macros. Not sure why.
Thanks paul ;).

In the end, i could make it work with OpenJDK. But it's true that sometimes i'd strange errors, like macros repeating themselves who-knows-why.
I will follow your advice and try with original sun. For the moment it works flawlessly.

Return to “MapTool”