Change token's visuals while keeping properties the same?

Thoughts, Help, Feature Requests, Bug Reports, Developing code for...

Moderators: dorpond, trevor, Azhrei

Forum rules
PLEASE don't post images of your entire desktop, attach entire campaign files when only a single file is needed, or generally act in some other anti-social behavior. :)
QBlum
Kobold

Change token's visuals while keeping properties the same?

Post by QBlum »

I'm probably missing something obvious, but here's my problem:
I created a token, spent some time editing all the properties and whatnot, of which I have a lot because I'm using the 5e framework that paulstrait made (thank you so much to him btw), and then realized I wanted to use a different image for it. Is there a way I can easily change that, or do I need to just make a new token and redo all that work?

aliasmask
RPTools Team

Re: Change token's visuals while keeping properties the same

Post by aliasmask »

Yes, double click token and in the upper left of frame where the picture is, is a green +. Click it and browse your resource library for the new image. If you don't have a resource library then you can add one under File | Add to Resource Library. Browse to an image folder and click okay.

Full Bleed
Demigod

Post by Full Bleed »

aliasmask wrote:Yes, double click token and in the upper left of frame where the picture is, is a green +. Click it and browse your resource library for the new image. If you don't have a resource library then you can add one under File | Add to Resource Library. Browse to an image folder and click okay.
Possibly related...

1.4 has an check-box and drop-down selection for "Image Table" under token config. It looks like you can attach a table of token images to the token for some kind of look-up. Unfortunately, I must have missed the memo on the feature because I don't know how to use it. This might be a good place to discuss it. ;)
Maptool is the Millennium Falcon of VTT's -- "She may not look like much, but she's got it where it counts."

aliasmask
RPTools Team

Post by aliasmask »

Yeah, that's related to the figure token. You can read about it here: http://forums.rptools.net/viewtopic.php ... 36#p258916

You have to put in a range for each image which represents the token facing.

JamzTheMan
Great Wyrm

Post by JamzTheMan »

*Note, you can also drag and drop new images on to the Token properties page as well (portrait, handout, even the Token Image).

I believe you can even drag a token image created in TokenTool straight onto the properties popup in MT to replace the token image.

Faster than saving and navigating directories in some cases.
-Jamz

Full Bleed
Demigod

Post by Full Bleed »

aliasmask wrote:Yeah, that's related to the figure token. You can read about it here: http://forums.rptools.net/viewtopic.php ... 36#p258916

You have to put in a range for each image which represents the token facing.
Ah, thanks for the info.

In that case, the "Image Table" setting should be located under the "Shape" field, indented (to show it's a sub-field of Shape), and it should gray out when a non-Figure shape is selected.

PS: Sample code to achieve that can probably be found in the "Star Server" dialog.
Maptool is the Millennium Falcon of VTT's -- "She may not look like much, but she's got it where it counts."

Jagged
Great Wyrm

Post by Jagged »

Full Bleed wrote:
Ah, thanks for the info.

In that case, the "Image Table" setting should be located under the "Shape" field, indented (to show it's a sub-field of Shape), and it should gray out when a non-Figure shape is selected.
That was discussed at the time and while the facility was designed with figure tokens in mind, there is no reason why it couldn't be used by other types of token.

Return to “MapTool”