Where is source code and revision for MapTool 1.3.b91?

Thoughts, Help, Feature Requests, Bug Reports, Developing code for...

Moderators: dorpond, trevor, Azhrei

Forum rules
PLEASE don't post images of your entire desktop, attach entire campaign files when only a single file is needed, or generally act in some other anti-social behavior. :)
Charlweed
Kobold

Where is source code and revision for MapTool 1.3.b91?

Post by Charlweed »

I'm trying to find the commit or branch or tag or revision that corresponds to the MapTool release 1.3.b91 released 2014-10-27. It seems that the SVN repository on Sourceforge only goes to release maptool-1.3.b89. The last revision there is 5987 and was committed 2013-08-29.
There are several repositories on github, and the (main?) MapTool one seems to start at release 1.4. I see the other repositories including the zz-old* repositories, but I don't see how to use them to get the release I want.
Note that I really am stuck with maptool-b91 for now, my group is steadfastly conservative.
Thanks!

Jagged
Great Wyrm

Re: Where is source code and revision for MapTool 1.3.b91?

Post by Jagged »

Its worth noting that 1.4.0 is actually pretty much identical to 1.3b91, and intentionally so. Plus all significant bugs that have been identified in 1.4.0, also exist in 1.3b91.

I'd also be interested in know why you need the source code? If you are adding something to the build, then do let us know. It may well be something we'd want added to 1.4.

If you are not adding anything, the binary download is still on the downloads page.

Charlweed
Kobold

Post by Charlweed »

That's good to know that they are almost identical, but may not be enough in my specific case.
I am trying to pin down a few issues, which can generally be grouped as "performance". I was hoping to be able to run MapTool in Netbeans' debugger and profiler during actual play.
I'm afraid that unless I have the exact source code of the release we play with, the debugger and profiling results would be meaningless.
So the exact answer to my question would still be greatly appreciated :)

On the other hand, perhaps the fact that "1.4.0 is actually pretty much identical to 1.3b91" may help me to get my friends to upgrade to a version that I CAN debug.

Thanks!

Jagged
Great Wyrm

Post by Jagged »

All that sounds like the kind of excellent work we like done on 1.4.0 ;)

Do please download the latest 1.4 version, you will see it looks and behaves the same, there is just a small amount of new functionality. The only real difference being that any issues you find in version 1.4 will get addressed by the community here :D

Have I laid it on thick enough yet? ;)

ps: I understand the desire not to upgrade. My group is still on 1.3b91 too!

Return to “MapTool”