User created look-up tables

Thoughts, Help, Feature Requests, Bug Reports, Developing code for...

Moderators: dorpond, trevor, Azhrei

Forum rules
PLEASE don't post images of your entire desktop, attach entire campaign files when only a single file is needed, or generally act in some other anti-social behavior. :)
darkeness66
Giant

User created look-up tables

Post by darkeness66 »

I generally don't use tables a lot, but decided to make use of them since the party is going to fight some giants and a look-up table is perfect for the bag contents.

The output is fairly limited but is there a way to make the output only show to the gm or part if it to the gm and another part to the players (example: the players find a gem and they get "You find an opal" whereas I see "value: 100 gp")

Is there a way to link tables. using the example above when they find a gem the table then calls a table to generate the gem.

I could do this in macros of course, but just wondering about using the tables (and hoping less coding, otherwise I should just keep the pen and paper handy!).

Irrlicht
Dragon

Re: User created look-up tables

Post by Irrlicht »

For something very simple, you can set the table items to something like this:

1 Item that players see [g, r: "Part for GM only"]
2 Item that players see [g, r: "Part for GM only"]

Etc.

(The g: roll option shows only to GM, but without r too, it gives probably unwanted output.)

Then call the table with this macro:

Code: Select all

[h: Item = table("Table name")]
[r: evalMacro(Item)]
"There are many ways my Son, to find where the souls of Demons remain...
But it takes only one second of despair and of doubt until, at last, your Soul they will gain..."

darkeness66
Giant

Re: User created look-up tables

Post by darkeness66 »

thanks for the help!

Return to “MapTool”