Two stupid questions

Thoughts, Help, Feature Requests, Bug Reports, Developing code for...

Moderators: dorpond, trevor, Azhrei

Forum rules
PLEASE don't post images of your entire desktop, attach entire campaign files when only a single file is needed, or generally act in some other anti-social behavior. :)
Irrlicht
Dragon

Two stupid questions

Post by Irrlicht »

1) I have locked player movement when their tokens don't have initiative (with no set initiative, they're free to move), but I don't remember how I did it and how to undo it. Tool - Lock Player Movement is set to off, so I have no clue on how did I set it in the first place and how to toggle it (wiki wasn't of any help).

2) This is silly: how do I make in html a table like the one in the chat box in the picture below?
Picture
If I do something like this:

Code: Select all

<table style='border: 1px solid black'>
<tr>
<td colspan='2' bgcolor='#000000' style='border: 1px solid black'>
<font color='#FFFFFF'>Text
</td>
</tr>
<tr>
<td style='border: 1px solid black'>
Text
</td>
Text
</td>
</tr>
<tr>
Text
</td>
Text
</td>
</tr>
</table>
I get the TD borders all separate, rather than contiguous. I tried to use the "border-collapse" style attribute, but looks like it doesn't work, so I'm wondering how that example was made.
"There are many ways my Son, to find where the souls of Demons remain...
But it takes only one second of despair and of doubt until, at last, your Soul they will gain..."

wolph42
Winter Wolph

Re: Two stupid questions

Post by wolph42 »

Hi for both: do you have the bot installed?
1. If so, there is a lock token option, check if it's turned on
2. You can use the message macros of the bot to accomplish that. There's a manual where it's explained. Note doing it yourself is(very) non trivial.

Full Bleed
Demigod

Post by Full Bleed »

Irrlicht wrote:1) I have locked player movement when their tokens don't have initiative (with no set initiative, they're free to move), but I don't remember how I did it and how to undo it. Tool - Lock Player Movement is set to off, so I have no clue on how did I set it in the first place and how to toggle it (wiki wasn't of any help).
Check the init panel (click the down arrow besides "NEXT").

As for #2, I'm not sure I understand what you're trying to do?

[h: resultingDamageOutput = "resulting damage output"]
[h: currentWoundsOutput = "current wounds output"]

<table border-width="0" cellpadding="2">
	<tr>
		<td bgcolor="#000000" border="1">
			<font color="#FFFFFF">Auto apply Range damage for: <B>Operative 2</b>
		</td>
	</tr>
	<tr>
		<td border="1">
		Cover is compromised for the one point due to the impact of the attack.<br>
		Impact of the attack<br>
		<b>Resulting Damage is:</b> [r: resultingDamageOutput]<br>
		<b>Current Wounds:</b> [r: currentWoundsOutput]<br>
		</td>
	</tr>
	<tr>
		<td border="1">
			<table border="0">
				<tr>
					<td bgcolor="gray" border = "0">
						<b>Critical Impact Hit on Body:</b> 1 A blow to the target's body steals the breath from his lungs.  The target can take only a <b>Half Action on his next Turn.<b><br>
						Operative 2 gains one insanity point due to the critical hit.
					</td>
				</tr>
			</table>
		</td>
	</tr>
</table>
Looks pretty similar to me... and isn't tough. You'll probably need to use CSS to get a perfect copy.

Edit: Updated to look a little closer. Some more fiddling could be done.
Maptool is the Millennium Falcon of VTT's -- "She may not look like much, but she's got it where it counts."

Irrlicht
Dragon

Post by Irrlicht »

Full Bleed wrote:
Irrlicht wrote:1) I have locked player movement when their tokens don't have initiative (with no set initiative, they're free to move), but I don't remember how I did it and how to undo it. Tool - Lock Player Movement is set to off, so I have no clue on how did I set it in the first place and how to toggle it (wiki wasn't of any help).
Check the init panel (click the down arrow besides "NEXT").
For the Love of the Gods, I didn't even remember that was a button for a drop down menu and not just a graphic symbol...
Thanks.
I knew it was a stupid question.
Full Bleed wrote: As for #2, I'm not sure I understand what you're trying to do?

[h: resultingDamageOutput = "resulting damage output"]
[h: currentWoundsOutput = "current wounds output"]

<table border-width="0" cellpadding="2">
	<tr>
		<td bgcolor="#000000" border="1">
			<font color="#FFFFFF">Auto apply Range damage for: <B>Operative 2</b>
		</td>
	</tr>
	<tr>
		<td border="1">
		Cover is compromised for the one point due to the impact of the attack.<br>
		Impact of the attack<br>
		</td>
	</tr>
	<tr>
		<td border="1">
			<table border="0">
				<tr>
					<td bgcolor="gray" border = "0">
						<b>Critical Impact Hit on Body:</b> 1 A blow to the target's body steals the breath from his lungs.  The target can take only a <b>Half Action on his next Turn.<b><br>
						Operative 2 gains one insanity point due to the critical hit.
					</td>
				</tr>
			</table>
		</td>
	</tr>
</table>
Looks pretty similar to me... and isn't tough. You'll probably need to use CSS to get a perfect copy.

Edit: Updated to look a little closer. Some more fiddling could be done.
Yep, I wanted a perfect copy, with no space between cell borders, but it turns out it takes too much, it seems that it's not worth it, I guess.
(On a side note, has anyone already suggested an integrated css sheet as a MapTool feature?)
But it takes only one second of despair and of doubt until, at last, your Soul they will gain..."

Full Bleed
Demigod

Post by Full Bleed »

Irrlicht wrote:Yep, I wanted a perfect copy, with no space between cell borders, but it turns out it takes too much, it seems that it's not worth it, I guess.
If you learn how to use Wolph's BoT's Message macro I think it'll look exactly like you want... he's got all the finicky stuff built in for that.
(On a side note, has anyone already suggested an integrated css sheet as a MapTool feature?)
There is a way to use CSS sheets inside MT... You'll just have to look around the forums for examples though. I generally avoid that stuff and still manage to produce some pretty decent output.
Maptool is the Millennium Falcon of VTT's -- "She may not look like much, but she's got it where it counts."

Irrlicht
Dragon

Post by Irrlicht »

No, that's alright, I prefer to keep it simple; initially I thought it was something simple I just couldn't get, but if it takes that much I don't want to even waste time on that.

I've read css can be used, but as far as I know it only works in frames/dialogs. An integrated sheet that would work even with the html of other common macros would be nice.

Irrlicht
Dragon

Post by Irrlicht »

Another very stupid question, and not important, but anyway... MapTool always starts with the window almost as big as the screen, but not full screen, as I'd prefer. Is there a way to set it to always open full screen?

wolph42
Winter Wolph

Post by wolph42 »

Irrlicht wrote:I've read css can be used, but as far as I know it only works in frames/dialogs. An integrated sheet that would work even with the html of other common macros would be nice.
what do you mean? The only places in maptool where you ever see any produced text are 'frames, dialogs and chat' css works for all three. So what do you mean with 'only' and with 'other common macros'

Irrlicht
Dragon

Post by Irrlicht »

By "other common macros" I meant those that don't bother openig frames/dialogs.
In the chat you can use css, but as far as I remember, while for frames/dialogs you can have a style sheet to refer to in a library token, for everything that goes just into chat you have to set up the style sheet inside of each specific macro, and linking to the style sheet won't work. So, one shared css for frames/dialog, and a lot other unshared ones for chat macros.

wolph42
Winter Wolph

Post by wolph42 »

Irrlicht wrote:By "other common macros" I meant those that don't bother openig frames/dialogs.
In the chat you can use css, but as far as I remember, while for frames/dialogs you can have a style sheet to refer to in a library token, for everything that goes just into chat you have to set up the style sheet inside of each specific macro, and linking to the style sheet won't work. So, one shared css for frames/dialog, and a lot other unshared ones for chat macros.
clear. And no clue, no experience with that. I was under the impression that linked css worked for chat as well, but maybe someone else can shed some light on this.

aliasmask
RPTools Team

Post by aliasmask »

style sheets and the <style> tag work in dialogs and frames (ver 3.91+ with java 8) although use of {} has to be in quotes for the inline styles. But styles do not work in the chat. Any css has to be a part of a tag using the style attribute (not tag).

This will give an error:

<style>
.className { font-weight:bold }
</style>
But this won't:

[R: "<style>
.className { font-weight:bold }
</style>"]
And for chat frame styles: