Please Help, Maptools not using hamachi despite bindings

Thoughts, Help, Feature Requests, Bug Reports, Developing code for...

Moderators: dorpond, trevor, Azhrei

Forum rules
PLEASE don't post images of your entire desktop, attach entire campaign files when only a single file is needed, or generally act in some other anti-social behavior. :)
badjer
Kobold

Please Help, Maptools not using hamachi despite bindings

Post by badjer »

My group and i are trying to switch to maptools.
My 2 friends can host but i can't

My techincal info (complete maptool debug file attached)
Windows 7 pro SP1 64bit
MapTool Version: 1.4.0.1 (tried -1.3.b91 too) (started from jar file)
Java Version: 1.8.0_91

i have 2 problems
1) no one can connect to me in any scenario, not even http://www.canyouseeme.org/ sees the port open

error:
could not load campaign
java.net.ConnectException: Connection timed out: connect

i have tried UpNP, port forwarding, and i even tried DMZ

i even tried using CyberGhost 5 (VPN) and it didnt work with its IP adresses (2 attempts)
this is probably due to my provider or router
edit: resovled

2) Maptools always uses my phisical IP, cant get it to use Hamachi, despite hamachi being on top of the 'adapters and bindings' list (tried restarting)
Attachments
MapToolsDebug.txt
(2.37 KiB) Downloaded 50 times
adapters and bindings.JPG
adapters and bindings.JPG (39.93 KiB) Viewed 1097 times
Last edited by badjer on Mon May 09, 2016 9:32 am, edited 2 times in total.

badjer
Kobold

Re: Please Help, Maptools not using hamachi despite bindings

Post by badjer »

Infact after further testing and several restarts it seems Maptools completly ignores 'adapters and bindings' , no matter what order i put the result stays the same
1: Ethernet
2: Wierless
3: Mobile internet (USB 4g device)
4: Hamachi

Attached screnshoot of 2 different settings, and Network Interfaces part of debug info which is the always the same (as is the IP maptools uses)
Attachments
MaptoolsDebug2.txt
Network Interfaces part of Maptools debug info
(865 Bytes) Downloaded 50 times
'adapters and bindings' settings 3
'adapters and bindings' settings 3
Capture2.JPG (41.83 KiB) Viewed 1091 times
'adapters and bindings' settings 2
'adapters and bindings' settings 2
Capture.JPG (41.73 KiB) Viewed 1091 times

aliasmask
RPTools Team

Post by aliasmask »

What's your service provider and what is the model number of your router? When you start a server is the external address (File | Connection information) a 10.xx.xx.xx or 192.168.xx.xx number? If no, then it's probably java or windows firewall related. If yes, then you're in a double NAT situation and I hear hamachi is the best solution. I haven't used it before but as I understand it uses port 80 to route traffic. Others on the boards may know more about it and I'm sure there are several threads discussing a hamachi setup as well as troubleshooting.

badjer
Kobold

Post by badjer »

My provider is B.net (croatia) im having some issues with them bc last few months my 'dynamic' ip has ben the same, ie behaves as static IP, and after several calls to their help desk i stil didnt get any explanation why.
Service is cable
my router is Thomson TWG850-4

connection information:
local adress 192.168.0.13 (which IS the adress router assigned to my laptop)
External adres 213.***.**.*** (which IS my external IP)

my post isn't clear, problem 1) router is mostly an explanation why i need help with Hamachi issue so badly,
edit: resolved

problem is that Maptools completely ignores my 'adapters and bindings' settings

I have been using Hamachi for a while and have connected to other programs with it

(i have read the networking faqu and all or most the topics about hamachi, all first 10 google results concerning hamachi,maprools and 'adapters and bindings'

while several people asked about MapTools not respecting 'adapters and bindings' settings, no one gave much techincal details about their system, and no one gave any solutions)
Last edited by badjer on Mon May 09, 2016 9:32 am, edited 2 times in total.

badjer
Kobold

Post by badjer »

as for first part of the problem i finally got a callback from someone competent at my provider (after 6+ calls in some 4 months) who was able/willing to look into my account and see that Carrier-grade NAT (CGN){which blocks port forwarding} was turned on and turned it off. im able to host now

the second problem remains(maptools not respecting/using 'adapters and bindings' settings on my windows/system), several people have posted questions about that problem, and if someone is interested/able to look into it i will continue to provide all info they need

Return to “MapTool”