Macro editing windows open too small

Thoughts, Help, Feature Requests, Bug Reports, Developing code for...

Moderators: dorpond, trevor, Azhrei

Forum rules
PLEASE don't post images of your entire desktop, attach entire campaign files when only a single file is needed, or generally act in some other anti-social behavior. :)
VisibleMusic
Kobold

Macro editing windows open too small

Post by VisibleMusic »

As per title... whenever I open a macro to edit it, the window starts quite small.
Alright, I double click on the upper or lower border and it enlarges to the height of the screen (not width, no idea width... and it doesn't work on the left or right borders), but it's annoying, especially when I have to jump back and forth between macros.

I recently changed pc, so this is a fresh MapTool. I had the issue with the old one as well, until one day I did something odd that I can't remember, and since then the windows opened always expanded. I believe it was something like terminating Java while one macro was open, but either it was something different or it only worked with the old pc.

Well, how can I turn them so that they always open expanded?

Along that line, it would also be nice if I could always start MapTool fullscreen. It always starts windowed, and I have to make it full screen.

wolph42
Winter Wolph

Re: Macro editing windows open too small

Post by wolph42 »

set the position and the size of a macro window to your liking, then close it by double clicking on the upper LEFT corner. All the new macro windows will open with that position and size.

aliasmask
RPTools Team

Post by aliasmask »

I think you can hold the ctrl key as well and click the X. That's a windows trick.

VisibleMusic
Kobold

Post by VisibleMusic »

Neat tricks, thanks!

For some reasons I can't get them to work on the main program's window too, but i can live with that.

aliasmask
RPTools Team

Post by aliasmask »

VisibleMusic wrote:Neat tricks, thanks!

For some reasons I can't get them to work on the main program's window too, but i can live with that.
I usually just double click title bar to maximize rather than going to the maximize icon in the corner.

Full Bleed
Demigod

Post by Full Bleed »

aliasmask wrote:I usually just double click title bar to maximize rather than going to the maximize icon in the corner.
That'll work, but I wonder why that changed. For a good while now we've needed to maximize with every opening... but it hasn't always been that way.
Maptool is the Millennium Falcon of VTT's -- "She may not look like much, but she's got it where it counts."

aliasmask
RPTools Team

Post by aliasmask »

Full Bleed wrote:
aliasmask wrote:I usually just double click title bar to maximize rather than going to the maximize icon in the corner.
That'll work, but I wonder why that changed. For a good while now we've needed to maximize with every opening... but it hasn't always been that way.
That's always been the case for me. As with the window in MT, you can expand the window to the edges and ctrl-click the x and it will default to that size and appear full screen but not actually be maximized. There is another way to start maximized but it more complicated. You can use a batch file and use "Start /MAX javaw.exe ..." where ... are all the settings but I recommend just using the launcher.

Full Bleed
Demigod

Post by Full Bleed »

aliasmask wrote:You can use a batch file and use "Start /MAX javaw.exe ..." where ... are all the settings but I recommend just using the launcher.
I don't use the launcher anyway because I have different MT layouts with different campaigns... but I can't get your suggestion to work.

Here is my bat:

Code: Select all

set STACK=4M
set MAXMEM=4096M
set JAVA=javaw
set VERS=1.4.0.2

start "MapTool" %JAVA% -Xmx%MAXMEM% -Xss%STACK% -DMAPTOOL_DATADIR=c:\temp\mt14gh -jar maptool-%VERS%.jar run
Maptool is the Millennium Falcon of VTT's -- "She may not look like much, but she's got it where it counts."

JamzTheMan
Great Wyrm

Post by JamzTheMan »

I believe there is a layout.dat in the .maptool folder (under config?) that you can delete and it should reset all your layouts to default.

With 1.4.1.x there will be some parameters you can pass to tell MT to go fullscreen, set it's main windows x,y pos, as well as which monitor (0, 1, 2, etc). I needed these to open multiple instances for testing and was tired of manually moving windows around so you get it for free. :D
-Jamz

Return to “MapTool”