How do you draw

Thoughts, Help, Feature Requests, Bug Reports, Developing code for...

Moderators: dorpond, trevor, Azhrei

Forum rules
PLEASE don't post images of your entire desktop, attach entire campaign files when only a single file is needed, or generally act in some other anti-social behavior. :)
zutox
Kobold

How do you draw

Post by zutox »

Okay so I am trying to learn to use maptools, and I really liked how it looked and the textures and such, then tried to draw a river, or a road.

Well, I choose the texture I want to draw, about 90 thickness and draw a squiggly line.
When I release the mouse button the last part of the road/river will instantly draw a new straight line to connect to the beginning.
I can't for the life of me understand how to simply draw without anything else happening, just drawing some snaking lines seems utterly impossible.

aliasmask
RPTools Team

Re: How do you draw

Post by aliasmask »

There are 2 swatches and a palette at the top. The first swatch is the border, the 2nd is the fill. If you don't want to use the fill right click on the white box with the red line and it will change the swatch to no fill.

Full Bleed
Demigod

Post by Full Bleed »

zutox wrote:I can't for the life of me understand how to simply draw without anything else happening, just drawing some snaking lines seems utterly impossible.
Here is an old tutorial: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BTwaRMWRHto

There has been some updates to MT since that tutorial was made (one of the most useful is the Draw Explorer window so be sure to open that while you're using the drawing tools), but it should get you started.
Maptool is the Millennium Falcon of VTT's -- "She may not look like much, but she's got it where it counts."

zutox
Kobold

Post by zutox »

aliasmask wrote:There are 2 swatches and a palette at the top. The first swatch is the border, the 2nd is the fill. If you don't want to use the fill right click on the white box with the red line and it will change the swatch to no fill.
THANK YOU!
Omg I can't tell you how annoying it was not being able to figure that out :)

Jagged
Great Wyrm

Post by Jagged »

zutox wrote: Omg I can't tell you how annoying it was not being able to figure that out :)
I know. We really should change that :/

Return to “MapTool”