A new player is unable to ever load the campaign

Thoughts, Help, Feature Requests, Bug Reports, Developing code for...

Moderators: dorpond, trevor, Azhrei

Forum rules
PLEASE don't post images of your entire desktop, attach entire campaign files when only a single file is needed, or generally act in some other anti-social behavior. :)
Full Bleed
Demigod

Re: A new player is unable to ever load the campaign

Post by Full Bleed »

VisibleMusic wrote:Uhm, dumb question, maybe, but if it regularly causes problems, why isn't it changed?
Well, think of it this way, the Maptool.jar file is an "executable" file. It will "run" if you run it. That doesn't mean it's the correct file to use when using the program. The executable called "Launcher" is the correct file. I suppose they could have named the primary Maptool executable something like: "Do not click on this file.jar" ;) I suppose that would stop (most) people. But they, instead, chose to leave it the name of the program and create a "Launcher" file that is supposed to be easier to use for most people (as far as settings and such) than editing a basic bat file would be.

Case in point:
Anyway, looks like the .bat doesn't read the options from the launcher, so I did this:
set JAVA=javaw -Duser.language=EN -Duser.region=US
Is that alright?
I'm not familiar with those flags... it will be like was was in your mt.cfg file that the launcher creates. That said, if the launcher is getting the job done you shouldn't don't bother with the bat.
Maptool is the Millennium Falcon of VTT's -- "She may not look like much, but she's got it where it counts."

Return to “MapTool”