Zoom to Map Extents?

Thoughts, Help, Feature Requests, Bug Reports, Developing code for...

Moderators: dorpond, trevor, Azhrei

Forum rules
PLEASE don't post images of your entire desktop, attach entire campaign files when only a single file is needed, or generally act in some other anti-social behavior. :)
Laithoron
Kobold

Zoom to Map Extents?

Post by Laithoron »

So apparently while trying to tweak some settings on my Wacom tablet, Something Strange™ happened, and the map became zoomed out and panned so far off the screen that it took a good 15-minutes to find it again. We're talking the coordinates grid showed XJL along the vertical, and 20,000+ along the horizontal, with a gap of 1000s between the numbers — my 4K resolution map wasn't even registering as a single pixel.

Anyway, hilarious as this was while I was doing prep-work for tonight's game, I'd like to know if there's some way to get a displaced map back-on-track without having to resort to endless panning and zooming.

Jagged
Great Wyrm

Re: Zoom to Map Extents?

Post by Jagged »

You have a couple of options:

You can use the Map Explorer or Draw Explore to centre on a map componet.

Or you could use the setViewArea function to zoom into a set area. Its a macro function but it would set the zoom. You could put it into the onCampaignLoad or something.

Laithoron
Kobold

Post by Laithoron »

I tried using the Map Explorer, but I didn't see any relevant options on the right-click menu for the tokens... I... ah jeez, I only had to double-click on one of them? FFS...

Thank you!

JamzTheMan
Great Wyrm

Post by JamzTheMan »

On the status bar in the bottom right where it show's Zoom level...It's an editable text box. Just type 100 <enter> to reset zoom to 100%.

Then use Map Explorer to jump to an object/stamp/token via double click.
-Jamz

Return to “MapTool”