Odd glitch with Maptool

Thoughts, Help, Feature Requests, Bug Reports, Developing code for...

Moderators: dorpond, trevor, Azhrei

Forum rules
PLEASE don't post images of your entire desktop, attach entire campaign files when only a single file is needed, or generally act in some other anti-social behavior. :)
wolph42
Winter Wolph

Re: Odd glitch with Maptool

Post by wolph42 »

I have windows 10. No issues here. when this happens 'on second time use' its alway good to test by deleting the cache and trying again. That at least let you pin point the issue. (although its still most likely graphic card).

anyway, did you try the dev version?

Envyus
Cave Troll

Post by Envyus »

wolph42 wrote:I have windows 10. No issues here. when this happens 'on second time use' its alway good to test by deleting the cache and trying again. That at least let you pin point the issue. (although its still most likely graphic card).

anyway, did you try the dev version?
I think so can I have a link to make sure.

Envyus
Cave Troll

Post by Envyus »

wolph42 wrote:http://maptool.craigs-stuff.net/test-builds/

you need: MapTool-windows64-1.4.1.7.exe

Nope. No luck with this.

Envyus
Cave Troll

Post by Envyus »

wolph42 wrote:Same issues?
Yep.

If I try to move a window around around or edit any macro's the graphic glitch happens within a few seconds.

aliasmask
RPTools Team

Post by aliasmask »

Is your video card brand spank'n new? Could be driver related and they just haven't fixed it yet. Also, make sure when installing the new java that's it the 64bit version. I usually remove my old java, restart and then install the new java.

Envyus
Cave Troll

Post by Envyus »

The card is pretty new. But the Drivers are updated.

However you just brought up a point I did not think about. After installing my new java stuff I did not restart the computer.

aliasmask
RPTools Team

Post by aliasmask »

Envyus wrote:The card is pretty new. But the Drivers are updated.

However you just brought up a point I did not think about. After installing my new java stuff I did not restart the computer.
Restarting after install isn't likely the problem. Making sure all the old java is completely removed may be.

Envyus
Cave Troll

Post by Envyus »

Under uninstall The 32 and 64 versions of the newest java seem to be all I have.

Full Bleed
Demigod

Post by Full Bleed »

Envyus wrote:Under uninstall The 32 and 64 versions of the newest java seem to be all I have.
Remove *all* of your Java installs and then *only* install the 64 bit version. Reinstall Maptool afterward for good measure.

That probably won't fix your problem since it's likely a driver or graphic's card setting issue, but you don't need both java's.

As for it being a problem with 10... The graphics card drivers for 10 might be a problem... but Java and MT on 10 isn't.

What graphics card are you using?
Maptool is the Millennium Falcon of VTT's -- "She may not look like much, but she's got it where it counts."

Envyus
Cave Troll

Post by Envyus »

Full Bleed wrote:
Envyus wrote:Under uninstall The 32 and 64 versions of the newest java seem to be all I have.
Remove *all* of your Java installs and then *only* install the 64 bit version. Reinstall Maptool afterward for good measure.

That probably won't fix your problem since it's likely a driver or graphic's card setting issue, but you don't need both java's.

As for it being a problem with 10... The graphics card drivers for 10 might be a problem... but Java and MT on 10 isn't.

What graphics card are you using?
Nvidia gtx 960

Jagged
Great Wyrm

Post by Jagged »

I don't suppose your motherboard has on-board graphics as well, that might be interfering with the graphics card?
How much memory does your machine have in total?
<clutching straws/>

Full Bleed
Demigod

Post by Full Bleed »

Envyus wrote:Nvidia gtx 960
I would try uninstalling your graphics drivers. Get all the stuff that Nvidia installs.

Then, when you install the drivers again make sure you do a bare bones driver install and *only* install the video drivers. No 3d vision, no experience, no hd audio, etc. Uncheck everything but the drivers on the install (good time to check that you actually removed everything you were supposed to as well).

You might want to use this to be (more) confident: http://www.wagnardmobile.com/?q=node/81
Maptool is the Millennium Falcon of VTT's -- "She may not look like much, but she's got it where it counts."

Envyus
Cave Troll

Post by Envyus »

Jagged wrote:I don't suppose your motherboard has on-board graphics as well, that might be interfering with the graphics card?
How much memory does your machine have in total?
<clutching straws/>
I have no idea honestly.
Full Bleed wrote:
Envyus wrote:Nvidia gtx 960
I would try uninstalling your graphics drivers. Get all the stuff that Nvidia installs.

Then, when you install the drivers again make sure you do a bare bones driver install and *only* install the video drivers. No 3d vision, no experience, no hd audio, etc. Uncheck everything but the drivers on the install (good time to check that you actually removed everything you were supposed to as well).

You might want to use this to be (more) confident: http://www.wagnardmobile.com/?q=node/81
Will give it a try.

Return to “MapTool”