VPN Connection

Thoughts, Help, Feature Requests, Bug Reports, Developing code for...

Moderators: dorpond, trevor, Azhrei

Forum rules
PLEASE don't post images of your entire desktop, attach entire campaign files when only a single file is needed, or generally act in some other anti-social behavior. :)
GeoJeff83
Kobold

VPN Connection

Post by GeoJeff83 »

ok... I have looked and haven't seen another post about this.

I am trying to setup a VPN so that me and my friends can use maptools. (I can't for the life of me get my firewalls to open port 51234).

I am running windows 10 and downloaded LogMeIn Hamachi. Create a new network and my friends can get connected to the same VPN.

I start a server in Maptools but when my friends scan for a server the LAN Tab shows nothing.

Suggestions?

My internet provider is AT&T Uverse.

Any help would be very appreciated.

aliasmask
RPTools Team

Re: VPN Connection

Post by aliasmask »

Are you behind a router that you don't have access to? Were you trying to use UPnP or did you try port forwarding? You have to put java on the exception list for firewall, not MapTool, but the best way to do that is to remove java, restart computer, do manual install of java 64bit, run the launcher and windows firewall should ask you if you want to allow. You say yes. You can also post your debug info under the help menu and post here.

Full Bleed
Demigod

Post by Full Bleed »

GeoJeff83 wrote:I start a server in Maptools but when my friends scan for a server the LAN Tab shows nothing.

Suggestions?
They should be using the "Direct Connect" to the Hamachi address.

Here is a basic how-to: http://www.thetangledweb.net/forums/con ... ng-Hamachi
Maptool is the Millennium Falcon of VTT's -- "She may not look like much, but she's got it where it counts."

GeoJeff83
Kobold

Post by GeoJeff83 »

Full Bleed wrote:
GeoJeff83 wrote:I start a server in Maptools but when my friends scan for a server the LAN Tab shows nothing.

Suggestions?
They should be using the "Direct Connect" to the Hamachi address.

Here is a basic how-to: http://www.thetangledweb.net/forums/con ... ng-Hamachi
I'm sorry I am not familiar with firewalls. This is on my home network I have a AT&T modem/router and the mcafee firewall on my computer.

I installed the Hamachi VPN Software and I have it running. But when I go to Maptools connection information it is not giving me the IP Address listed in Hamachi.

Azhrei
Site Admin

Post by Azhrei »

GeoJeff83 wrote:I installed the Hamachi VPN Software and I have it running. But when I go to Maptools connection information it is not giving me the IP Address listed in Hamachi.
That's expected. Your IP address when connecting to the Internet is not the IP address that Hamachi is assigning to your virtual network card (that's what Hamachi does, in essence; creates a virtual network card).

As pointed out above, you should be using the Direct tab...

Return to “MapTool”