Is this possible with MapTool? (Auto Connect)

Thoughts, Help, Feature Requests, Bug Reports, Developing code for...

Moderators: dorpond, trevor, Azhrei

Forum rules
PLEASE don't post images of your entire desktop, attach entire campaign files when only a single file is needed, or generally act in some other anti-social behavior. :)
Fallenjack
Kobold

Is this possible with MapTool? (Auto Connect)

Post by Fallenjack »

I do a weekly home game and currently I use a small NUC box to hook up to my TV, that I display a session of Roll20.net on for my players. They interact with their tokens using a wiimote. This works OK for us but the problem is lag. Sometimes the wifi just blows in that area and the whole show just becomes a painful laggy mess. So I would like to switch to Maptools for a more lag free experience. What I would like to do is on my (viewer machine) that is hooked to the TV, is when I turn it on, I would like to boot into OS and using a batch script fire up Maptools. All this I can achieve now but I would also like Maptools to automatically connect to my server which is on the LAN on a static IP. I looked around but I could not see a feature to do this. Is something like this even possible or am I stuck having to bring a keyboard and mouse every time?

Thanks for the help!

Fallenjack
Kobold

Re: Is this possible with MapTool? (Auto Connect)

Post by Fallenjack »

Thanks for info, guess we will just have to be patient.

Oryan77
Dragon

Re: Is this possible with MapTool? (Auto Connect)

Post by Oryan77 »

I'm just curious since I use MT on a TV, but how does the Wii Remote work with your setup? Does it just act like a mouse, is it like a laser pointer that can move tokens, or is it like a touch screen (which I have heard can be done with a Wii Remote)?

I would love to turn my TV into a touch screen for players to move their tokens much easier. :P

Return to “MapTool”