Jumping images

Thoughts, Help, Feature Requests, Bug Reports, Developing code for...

Moderators: dorpond, trevor, Azhrei

Forum rules
PLEASE don't post images of your entire desktop, attach entire campaign files when only a single file is needed, or generally act in some other anti-social behavior. :)
wrathchild
Dragon

Jumping images

Post by wrathchild »

I often see Images and spell templates jumping around. There seems to have been some supposed fixing of such issues around 1.3b75, but I am seeing them here in 1.4.0.5

Is this a common ocurrence still or is it just me? Is it a settings problem eg.?
Entering the Digital Age of Roleplaying.
Part of the Resident GURPS Lobby.
Calling for Halos to be Hexified.

aliasmask
RPTools Team

Re: Jumping images

Post by aliasmask »

It probably has to do with snap to grid and not being on the token layer, like the object layer. If you move the token on the object layer 1px up or left then it'll jump to the next square while for a 50px grid moving down or right will need a 50px move. Weird stuff will happen if the token isn't centered in the config tab. That is not a normal change people do though. I suggest just unsnapping the image like for a template for smooth alignment. Also for templates, if it's an even number of squares and you're using the free size, change it to large, then back to free so it snaps better (if you use snap to grid). This will change the footprint of the image.

Return to “MapTool”