Weird Crashing Version 1.3 Build 91

Thoughts, Help, Feature Requests, Bug Reports, Developing code for...

Moderators: dorpond, trevor, Azhrei

Forum rules
PLEASE don't post images of your entire desktop, attach entire campaign files when only a single file is needed, or generally act in some other anti-social behavior. :)
Ranman123
Kobold

Weird Crashing Version 1.3 Build 91

Post by Ranman123 »

So, I'm very new to maptool as I'm joining a campaign that is using it. While my soon to be DM and I were setting me up, we noticed it continuously crashed for me almost instantly when he tries to load a map. We've tried upping my memory usage. We also tried having a map pre-loaded when I join the session. The tool then lets me zoom a bit and scroll over only to crash again when I get over to the tokens. My DM, who to my understanding has used maptool a fair bit, had no idea what was going on after we tried for a few hours to fix it. So, he suggested I ask here. It almost seems to be tokens causing it, but after testing on what he uses as a lobby, it wouldn't even let me load into that map.

Ranman123
Kobold

Re: Weird Crashing Version 1.3 Build 91

Post by Ranman123 »

I'm sorry for my terrible forum etiquette I never use forums. But I have narrowed down the issue. It is caused whenever a token which is giving me vision, with fog of war enabled, would come into my screen area. Maptool then freezes up instantly

aliasmask
RPTools Team

Post by aliasmask »

Most likely it's because of java and your settings for MapTool. Make sure you have the latest version of java 64bit (manual download, not the big red button) and when running MapTool run the launcher.jar file, not maptool.jar. These are the typical settings for the launcher:

maxmem: 2048
min: 64
stack: 4

Ranman123
Kobold

Post by Ranman123 »

I apologize for the very late reply, life has been busy. we finally figured out the issue today. It was the XP bars

Return to “MapTool”