Help Port Forwarding

Thoughts, Help, Feature Requests, Bug Reports, Developing code for...

Moderators: dorpond, trevor, Azhrei

Forum rules
PLEASE don't post images of your entire desktop, attach entire campaign files when only a single file is needed, or generally act in some other anti-social behavior. :)
ag3nt_CK
Kobold

Help Port Forwarding

Post by ag3nt_CK »

Hi!
I hope I put this post in the right place. Anyway, I would like to get my session computerized. But, I cannot seem to connect to a server I put up. I allowed the port on McCafee Central, so I'm kinda lost on to why it's not working. Also, I could not get the download version to work, so I use the icon put on my desktop by the 'internet version'.
If someone could get back to me quickly that'd be great, my D&D session is next week. Thanks!

aliasmask
RPTools Team

Re: Help Port Forwarding

Post by aliasmask »

I don't recommend the internet version and I would uninstall it. Port forwarding is usually handled by your router, just make sure if you use port forwarding to uncheck the UPnP box because it will conflict. Also, when using port forwarding you will want a saved spot. For example, on a comcast router it's under Connected Devices and you click the Add Device with Reserved IP. Then set your port forwarding to port 51234 (MapTool default, but you can change) make sure it uses both protocols (TCP/UDP) and add the local IP address assigned by the router to your computer.

If you have a firewall, just include java in your exceptions list. Best way to do that is to uninstall java, restart computer, go to java site and download the 64bit version (manual download only) and when you start a MapTool server it should ask you to allow access, click Yes.

Return to “MapTool”