Change graphics assets used in Token Notes popup?

Thoughts, Help, Feature Requests, Bug Reports, Developing code for...

Moderators: dorpond, trevor, Azhrei

Forum rules
PLEASE don't post images of your entire desktop, attach entire campaign files when only a single file is needed, or generally act in some other anti-social behavior. :)
davethepak
Kobold

Change graphics assets used in Token Notes popup?

Post by davethepak »

I searched for this, and my apologies up front if this is covered somewhere.

I have only recently got into map tool, and my group uses it for local play (I as the gm run a player instance and display on a 42" tv that we use for battle maps, handouts, etc.). - just to set context.

Our current campaign is sci-fi (specifically, star wars saga edition), and I was wondering if it were possible to change the default graphics assets used in the token notes popup window? I have made more "sci-fi" ish token borders, and handouts, etc. but am trying to figure out how to make the basic pop up look...more high tech.

(I know about changing the look of the contents displayed in the window, and how to put basic html tags in it, but I want to change the borders and background of the note itself).

I have tried looking in the asset cache for those files, and have failed to find them (not saying they are not there, saying I could not find them).

I have attached a screen shot of some of my tokens (places on the object layer, with the notes field populated), and the resulting Notes pop up when I click on them while the Token layer is active - this pop up is what I Would like to change.

Can this be done?

Thank you for any assistance, and my apologies if this is easily found information, and I have missed it.
Attachments
A visual aid to explain my question.
A visual aid to explain my question.
new frame.jpg (130.18 KiB) Viewed 670 times

aliasmask
RPTools Team

Re: Change graphics assets used in Token Notes popup?

Post by aliasmask »

You can create your own popups with [dialog:] and [frame :]and put your html in there to make it look fancy.

I would probably create a background image in a table and then put your text and images over it.

davethepak
Kobold

Post by davethepak »

Thank you for the fast response!

I have experimented with dialogs and frames, and while I can embed images etc into them, they still have their standard UI borders, etc.

Additionally, you have to have a macro to display one (a frame or dialog). (I use frames for when I, as the gm, want to show a handout).

I am looking to change the border and background of the token notes box - as then a player can just click on it, and the notes pop up - but with a different border and background texture.

Those graphical elements have to be somewhere? Maybe?

Regardless, thanks for the response. If this can't be done, I may have to go back to frames.

Dave Pak

aliasmask
RPTools Team

Post by aliasmask »

The UI is set and only small changes can be made by using tinyLAF, but not to the level you want. You can actually display the dialog without a border but then you couldn't move it.

davethepak
Kobold

Post by davethepak »

Ahhh...

Well, thanks for the info. I will make do.

Still trying to get the hang of the tool - it is pretty amazing. The basics are pretty simple, but wow - it can get pretty deep in functionality quickly.
Even with my limited coding background (a long time ago...in an OS far far away) I am having to take baby steps.

Of course, I am trying to use it for more than just the maps - but as a player information resource during the game (click on token...or stamp?) and get a pop up about an npc or location, etc.

thanks or the fast response.

regards,

Dave pak

Return to “MapTool”