Key or command for selecting a specific layer?

Thoughts, Help, Feature Requests, Bug Reports, Developing code for...

Moderators: dorpond, trevor, Azhrei

Forum rules
PLEASE don't post images of your entire desktop, attach entire campaign files when only a single file is needed, or generally act in some other anti-social behavior. :)
taspoff
Kobold

Key or command for selecting a specific layer?

Post by taspoff »

Hi,

is it a way to bind a key (or a command for a macro i can key-bind) in order to select with the mouse an item on layer "Token", "Hidden", "Object" or "BackGround"?

I usually define a sort of "character sheet" for the doors or specific objects on my maps, and i use the onChangeSelection method to update this charactersheet. But in order to select simply a door to open, i have to put all my doors on the "token" layer, instead of the object layer, which should be more logical from my psychorigid point of view ;) ...

Taspoff.

JamzTheMan
Great Wyrm

Re: Key or command for selecting a specific layer?

Post by JamzTheMan »

Mmm, I don't believe there is...

What I did was, create a state, isDoor, set that on object used as doors. Then I have a macro that selects (well, does more, like move it) the neared door based on a selected PC. Basically a selectTokens() with conditions states:{"OBJECT"} and within a certain distance.

Normally a token is near a door that needs to be opened so it works 90% of the time. (except for the smart donkey mage using mage hand or open/close spells)
-Jamz

Return to “MapTool”