RPTools.net

Discussion and Support

Skip to content

It is currently Sun May 28, 2017 7:18 am 

Forum rules

PLEASE don't post images of your entire desktop, attach entire campaign files when only a single file is needed, or generally act in some other anti-social behavior. :)

Reply to topic  [ 5 posts ] 

Previous topic | Next topic 

User avatar  Offline
Dragon

Post subject: OBS and Maptools?
PostPosted: Fri Feb 24, 2017 4:05 pm 
Has anyone used OBS with maptools? It's a capture/streaming application. I'm wanting to use it to capture the maptools window and record the audio from discord for our games. I've been able to get it to record audio easily but for some reason the window for maptools is just black. I've been able to capture a few other things (not java) so I've seen it work but not sure how to get it to work with "maptools" or java.

Anyone had any experience with it?

Giant

Post subject: Re: OBS and Maptools?
PostPosted: Fri Feb 24, 2017 5:55 pm 
Google tells me this is a common issue with Java games. Fortunately for you, there are some very popular games (like Minecraft) which run on Java, and people like to record their games. This seems to be on target:

https://www.reddit.com/r/pcmasterrace/comments/4dj2aa/obs_studio_recording_minecraft_issue/

User avatar  Offline
Dragon

PostPosted: Fri Feb 24, 2017 6:23 pm 
taustinoc wrote:
Google tells me this is a common issue with Java games. Fortunately for you, there are some very popular games (like Minecraft) which run on Java, and people like to record their games. This seems to be on target:

https://www.reddit.com/r/pcmasterrace/comments/4dj2aa/obs_studio_recording_minecraft_issue/

Turns out I was using the wrong option. I was using "Game Capture" and selecting the window/java window. But, what you need to use is "window capture" (not Game Capture).

Thanks!

User avatar  Offline
Deity

PostPosted: Fri Feb 24, 2017 7:04 pm 
Doesn't window capture not capture all the windows opened in MT like dialog windows? I think I just have to do desktop capture to get everything.

User avatar  Offline
Dragon

PostPosted: Sat Feb 25, 2017 12:19 am 
aliasmask wrote:
Doesn't window capture not capture all the windows opened in MT like dialog windows? I think I just have to do desktop capture to get everything.

For me it captured all of them. Map, chat, library/etc. I don't pop them out of the main window so maybe that was the issue you had?

Reply to topic  [ 5 posts ]